The Roland TD-50 drum module is one of the brands' finest drum brains currently available. It's built to handle any situation, be it professional live performance, studio recording or practice sessions.
Prismatic Sound Modelling
This smart tech leads to a far better drum sound overall. Your own unique style is projected in stunning detail, with every tiny nuance delivered in high-quality audio. This high-resolution processing delivers some of the most realistic, dynamic sounds ever heard as part of an electronic drum module.
This superior sound is highly customisable too. With over 400+ instruments and 100 contrasting drum kits, you'll have a set available that's ready for any kind of genre or style. Each of these can be tweaked and altered to suit your personal preferences. Layer internal and custom samples; adjust shells; loosen or tighten heads; apply ambience; change the position of overhead mics; all of these parameters can be effected, plus a whole lot more!
There's also a 3-band EQ and compressor (that can be applied to every pad, or just individual ones), as well as a trio of multi-effect sections. These provide you with tools (30 in total) including flanger, delay and saturation - granting you even more options for tailoring your sound.
Work on Your Chops
Onboard the TD-50 you'll find a whole host of tutorials designed to improve your technique. You can work on your timing via the integrated metronome (with quiet count), or just import your favourite tunes using an SD card and play along. You'll be able to get the most out of every single practice session.
It's even possible to record directly to a DAW. Whether you're working on a new groove and want to review your playing, or are recording a drum track for a new piece of music, it's incredibly simple to do. You can connect the module to your Mac or PC using a single USB cable, giving you seamless access to multi-track recording on your preferred DAW. Up to 10 channels can be individually recorded and then edited.
- V-Edit system allows you to custom your cymbal and drum sounds in minute detail.
- Capture and then export your drumming using the audio record function.
- Onboard metronome (with quiet count), as well as an audio playback feature.
- 8 direct outs (TRS) and a master output (XLR) ensure you can easily connect to a PA for effortless live performance.
- Multi-track recording is possible using just one USB cable via the USB 10-channel out/4-channel design.
- Use an SD card to play your own custom WAV samples.
- Prismatic Sound Modelling - your drums have never sounded so good!
- Over 400 expressive, nuanced instruments captured with superior quality audio.
- Snapshot feature allows you to preview any edits to your sounds before making permanent changes to them.
- Accessories: Quick Start, Power Cord
- Weight: 3.3 kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 330 mm x 255 mm x 118 mm
- Power Consumption: 30W
- Power Supply: AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V
- Playback: 4 Channels
- Record: 10 Channels
- Sampling Rate (with Sampling Rate Converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- Sampling Rate (Original): 44.1 kHz
- Connectors: Trigger In Jack x 14: 1/4-Inch TRS Phone Type (Exclusion use with Digital Pad),
- Digital Trigger In Port x 3: USB A type, Master Out (Unbalanced) Jacks (L/Mono/R): 1/4-Inch Phone Type, Master Out (Balanced) Jacks (L/R): XLR Type Balanced, Direct Out (Balanced) Jack x 8: 1/4-Inch TRS Phone Type Balanced, Phones Jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone Type, Stereo Miniature Phone Type, Mix In Jack x 2: Stereo 1/4-Inch Phone Type, Stereo Miniature Phone Type, MIDI (In, Out/Thru) Connectors, USB Computer Port: USB B Type (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI), Foot SW Jack: 1/4-inch TRS Phone Type, AC In Jack
- External Memory: SD Card (SDHC Supported)
- Faders: 8 (Kick, Toms, Snare, Hi-Hat, Crash, Ride, Aux, Ambience)
- Display: Graphic LCD
- Trigger Activity: Indicator (LED)
- Recording Method: Realtime
- Max Note Storage: Around 40,000 Notes
- Export File Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 Bits), SMF
- Song Player (SD Card): Audio File - WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 Bits), MP3
- Number of User Samples: Max 500 (Including Factory Preloaded User Samples)
- Sound Length: 24 Minutes in Mono, 12 Minutes in Stereo
- File Formats That Can be Loaded: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
- Effect Types: Pad Compressor, Pad EQ, Room Type (25 Types), Reverb Type (5 Types), Stereo Enhancer, Multi-Effects (3 Systems, 30 Types), Master Compressor, Master EQ
- Instruments: 400+
- Drum Kits: 100