Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Nowadays, they make guitars of all shapes and sizes; built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map.
The Deluxe DC serves up the very best of classic D’Angelico design and contemporary performance. With the unique headstock design, art deco gold hardware and Mother of Pearl/Abalone block inlays, it’s every bit as luxurious as you’d expect. Add dual Seymour Duncan Seth Lover A4 humbuckers to the mix and you’ve got a guitar with a classy aesthetic that disguises its powerful tone.
Body & Neck
The Deluxe DC is a curvy double-cut guitar that offers solid humbucking tones. The body is made of Maple, a classic tonewood favoured by semi-hollow guitars for its solidity. 5-ply binding and a smooth matte finish tops it off with luxurious aesthetic.
The neck is a three-piece construction topped with an ebony fingerboard for a smooth, natural-feeling playing surface with a premium look.
Hardware & Electronics
The twin Seymour Duncan humbuckers deliver a warm but gutsy snarl. But thanks to the three-position toggle switch and coil-tap controls, the Deluxe DC is no one-trick pony. It’ll clean up beautifully, just as suited to jazz & funk as it is to anthemic rock.
The hardware is where some of this instrument’s true character shines. Supremely adorned with gold hardware, including a Tune-O-Matic bridge paired with a stairstep tailpiece and Grover Super Rotomatic Locking tuners, it’s an undeniably striking instrument.
- Body style: Semi-hollow
- Shape: Double cutaway
- Body material: Laminated Maple
- Binding (top): 5-ply
- Pickguard: Mint Green Scalini (5-ply)
- Neck material: 3 piece
- Neck finish: Natural satin
- Neck shape: C-shape
- Neck joint: Set-thru
- Fretboard material: Ebony
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Radius: 14”
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl/Abalone Split Block
- Frets: 22, medium-jumbo Jescar
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan Seth Lover A4 Bridge Humbucker
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan Seth Lover A4 Neck Humbucker
- Controls: Neck volume, neck tone, bridge volume, bridge tone, push/pull coil-tap
- 3-way toggle switch
- Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatic Locking
- Nut material: Tusq
- Bridge: Gold Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: D'Angelico Stairstep