Here’s what Steinberg say about Cubase Pro 10:
Cubase 10 delivers many impressive new features in a remarkably powerful software package. It includes many new tools to enhance your creativity and speed your workflow. There is also a new, modern user interface and enhanced audio quality. Cubase 10 makes music production more inspiring, intuitive and flexible than ever before.
New Features for Cubase Pro 10:
- VariAudio 3: Ultimate control of your audio, with more creative tools and Smart Controls to speed workflow.
- MixConsole Snapshots: Instantly recall different project mixes and settings to quickly compare mixes and add mix notes.
- Audio Alignment: Stack and match recordings quickly, easily synchronizing them to a reference track.
- New channel strip: Redesigned Channel Strip offers better metering and functionality.
- 32-bit integer and 64-bit audio continues the Cubase audio engine’s commitment to ultimate, no-compromise quality.
- Easy side-chaining: Quickly and easily set up side-chaining to make space in mixes or create distinctive effects.
- Groove Agent SE 5 brings a new user interface and many improvements to the best drum production tool.
- 5 GB of high-quality sounds and loops from six highly acclaimed producers.
- AAF support lets you exchange multimedia data with all the most commonly used applications.
- Distroyer adds everything from subtle analog warmth to searing heat for mixes and individual instruments.
- Vintage Verbs for REVerence: Better management, smoother workflow and 20 new impulse responses brings REVerence greatness to your projects!
- Latency Monitor lets you quickly and easily know exactly where — and how much — latency is occurring.
- Full support for high-resolution displays under current macOS (limited support for Windows 10).
- Effects in the Media Rack: Radical improvement of plug-ins workflow, with drag and drop functionality and improved display.
- MPE support: Easy and convenient setup of MPE controllers.
- Improved editing to picture for video soundtrack production.
- Steinberg Virtual Reality: VR production suite adds a suite of professional yet intuitive virtual reality audio production tools.
- ARA support: Forthcoming support for extended communications between ARA plug-ins and Cubase.
- Cubase 10 is packed with a wide range of usability, performance and quality improvements.
Cubase Pro 10 Key Features
Chord Pads are a really inspiring tool to help you compose music quickly and creatively. It is very easy to get ‘stuck’ when writing chord progressions but, with the fast and easy-to-use Chord Pads, fresh inspiration will always be close at hand. Jam with chords and patterns in real time and control multiple parameters to change chords as you go. The chord pads are playable via a MIDI keyboard and real-time parameters allow you to easily improvise chord performances by changing voicings, tensions and much more while you are letting the music and inspiration carry you along!
Control Room is a unique recording and monitoring environment, which seamlessly integrates performer mixes and monitoring setups into your recording and mixing workflow. Cubase allows you to create and manage up to four unique studio mixes to feed performers with their own tailored mix, use the integrated talkback function and manage feeds from external audio sources.
Few performers are so skilled that they always get it ‘right first time’ in the recording environment, so comping is a vital part of the process, allowing you to create the perfect version of a recording from multiple takes. When recording several takes, Cubase instantly creates a Lane Track for each one. From here, Cubase makes it very simple to create the perfect version. Simply swipe across the best parts and Cubase automatically creates a master take that contains all selected parts.
Cubase 10 sees significant improvements to VariAudio, adding even more creative tools, like Smart Controls that significantly speed up your workflow by allowing direct control of all parameters at each segment. VariAudio offers completely integrated vocal editing and pitch alteration of individual notes in monophonic vocal recordings, allowing you to solve intonation and timing problems with just a few clicks. Editing vocal lines in the Sample Editor is as fast and seamless and quick as if editing MIDI notes in the Key Editor.
Audio Warp Quantize
Quantizing MIDI parts has been straightforward for many years, but audio has always been more of a challenge. Cubase allows you to warp-quantize multiple audio tracks at once using the convenient Quantize panel. By creating warp markers straight from hitpoints, both single audio loops as well as the entire arrangement can be non-destructively quantized with a single mouse click — just like MIDI parts.
Cubase's MixConsole excels not only in terms of usability, look and feel, but also sounds like a high end analog mixing console. Featuring a scalable, dedicated full-screen mode, the MixConsole is optimized for mouse-free operation - virtually all channel elements are accessible via the computer keyboard and screen reader software for the visually impaired.
The channel strip modules in Cubase are at the very heart of its exceptional sound. Carefully crafted in close collaboration with seasoned audio engineers, who have many years experience of working with the best hardware mixing consoles, the channel strip modules are integrated into every Cubase channel and deliver the stunning, professional mixer quality that lets you turn your songs into fantastic, radio-ready productions.
The Sampler Track is a creative tool with a dedicated sample library which will inspire many hours of creativity. You can take any piece of audio and use it to create a Sampler Track. You can then play the sample chromatically, manipulate it with the on-board filters and controls, experimenting for as long as you like to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Groove Agent SE
Groove Agent is possibly the most comprehensive drum production software instrument ever produced, featuring a huge library of stunning samples, grooves and patterns as well as a full virtual mixer and FX suite for even more creative options. Groove Agent SE features an exceptionally powerful beat production toolkit, ready to help you create the best beats, whatever electronic, dance or urban genre you’re working in. Produce floor-shaking sounds and dancefloor-filling grooves with an array of incredible sample manipulation tools, FX, slice editors and much more.