The Sontronics STC-1 pencil-style condenser mic is perfectly suited to recording instruments of any kind: guitars, strings, wind, brass, ethnic, drums or percussion.
This Pencil mic certainly has a unique look, with a particularly striking set of rear ports with a stripe and dots pattern. This is not just a funky design though, as the shape of those rear ports have been proven to better control soundwaves entering the rear of the capsule.
The STC-1 is ideal for spot-miking, as well as turned into a stereo spaced pair for miking choirs and other groups. The Mic boasts the sontronics signature super smooth high-frequency roll off, making it automatically sit in your mix better than most of the competition without having to eq!
A Super Flexible Pencil Mic
Thanks to its three-stage filter (0, -10, -20dB) and pad (0, 75, 150Hz) switches, the cardioid-pattern STC-1 is one of the most flexible microphones in its class and gives impressive, professional studio-quality results for an affordable price. It has been said that the STC-1 can easily compete with microphones that cost three, five or even ten times as much.
The STC-1 comes in a luxury, velvet-lined wooden box with a mounting clip and windshield, and it is compatible with the Sontronics OMNI and HYPER capsule, available separately. With the OMNI capsule fitted, STC-1 becomes the perfect room mic (whether used solo or in a pair) and with the HYPER capsule, users tell us STC-1 gives great results on hi-hat!
Choose either the STC-1 Silver in a brushed nickel finish or the STC-1 Black with a satin finish and gold lettering. Available as a single STC-1 mic or as an STC-1S stereo pair.
Sontronics on the STC-1
Our best-selling Sontronics STC-1 small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone is ideally suited to recording instruments of any kind, from acoustic guitar to flute, trumpet, bongo or violin.
The STC-1 is designed to give outstanding results every time on solo strings, woodwind, brass or percussion instruments as well as guitar and other strummed instruments, and is also perfect for field recording, video and film work, or overhead miking on stage as well as in the studio.
The STC-1 has a fixed cardioid pattern but the capsule head can be removed and replaced with our interchangeable OMNI or HYPER capsules (also available in black or silver) to turn one mic into three! With the OMNI capsule fitted, the STC-1 becomes the perfect overhead or room mic, ideal for recording ensemble, drumkit, piano or group vocals. With the HYPER capsule fitted, STC-1 takes on a much more focused pickup range, which is ideal for hi-hat, acoustic guitar and harmonica.
The Sontronics STC-1 is an excellent all-rounder, whatever or wherever you're recording!
“On tour we used STC-1 on hi-hat and it was amazing. I could hear every detail.”
Joe Brown, Front-of-House Engineer (Extreme, Rihanna)
“STC-1 is fantastic on snare, giving a real crack with great clarity and definition.”
Mark Joseph, Artist/Songwriter
“I love the STC-1 as an overhead, it gives sublime, clear results and captures every nuance of whatever I’m recording.”
Xavier Marques, Artist/Producer
- cardioid condenser instrument mic with optional interchangeable capsules in omnidirectional or hypercardioid patterns
- available in silver or black
- comes in wooden box with mic clip
- covered by Sontronics LIFETIME WARRANTY
- ideal for direct miking snare drum, toms, hi-hat and cymbals, acoustic guitar and other plucked instruments (banjo, balalaika, sitar, ukulele, etc)
- also gives fantastic results on electric guitar amps, video production and stage use, overhead and room-miking (in pairs)
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (optional omni & hypercardioid capsules available)
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 20kHz
- Pad: 0, -10dB, -20dB
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz, 150Hz
- Sensitivity:12mV/Pa -38dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 137dB
- Power source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Colour: Silver or black
- Supplied with: Mic clip, foam windshield, wooden box