The Audient Sono is an audio interface designed specifically for guitar players. Featuring a genuine 12AX7 preamp valve, a 3-band tone control and studio-class cab emulation - the Audient Sono is a truly unique piece of kit.
Designed in conjunction with guitar tone experts Two Notes Engineering, the Sono features their comprehensive power amp modelling and cab simulation technology, as well as a re-amping output and up to 10 inputs via ADAT connection, not to mention 24-bit/96khz audio and much more. Plug in and bring your guitar to life!
- 12AX7 preamp valve for analogue character
- 3-band EQ section with bass, middle and treble controls
- Convincing Two Notes Engineering power amp and cab simulation technology
- Re-amp output for experimenting with different amplifier and cab setups
- Free plugins and software with ARC
12AX7 Valve Preamp & 3-Band EQ
The Audient Sono gives guitar players a familiar amp-like sound character and user interface, by combining a genuine 12AX7 valve with a 3-band EQ section. While the 12AX7 valve offers up that unmistakable analogue warmth, the bass, middle and treble EQ controls let you fine-tune your sound on the way in to add body to your heavy tones or that extra bit of sparkle to your clean tones.
However, the Sono's microphone inputs allow you to also route a mic through the valve preamp section, analogue EQ and Two Notes processing. This is great if you want to form experimental sounds, or if you simply want to add that unmistakable analogue warmth to your recordings.
Two Notes Torpedo Software
Audient teamed up with Two Notes Engineering for the design of the Sono. Allowing you to seamlessly use their acclaimed Torpedo power amp modelling and cab simulation with the interface, this class-leading technology lets you accurately emulate the sounds of mic'd up guitar and bass amp cabinets and the process of capturing them - all from your desktop. There's plenty of choice, from a Marshall 4x12" to a huge Ampeg 8x10", and with Two Notes' online cab store you can expand your virtual cab library!
You can affect even more parameters to form your own custom sounds. Everything from the room type, microphone model and placement can be precisely tweaked to perfection, and even a stylistic tone control lets you change from vintage to modern sounds. Once you've discovered your favourite sounds, you can store up to 3 presets onboard the Sono so that when inspiration strikes - you can record with great tones straight away.
Got Pedals? No Problem!
If you want to use your own preamp pedals with the Sono, such as those made by Two Notes, you can bypass the built-in 12AX7 tube and take advantage of the Torpedo cab simulation technology in ultra-low latency. However, Sono also accomodates for other pedal types such as overdrive, modulation and reverb; meaning that you can record direct without the need for a real amplifier!
If you register your Sono, you'll get access to Audient's ARC creative hub. Featuring a comprehensive range of software and offers from some of the industry’s leading innovators, registering your product enables you to take advantage of these great offers for free!
- 10 in/4 out USB interface
- Classic Valve Preamp with 12AX7 Valve
- 3 Band Tone Control
- Two notes Power Amp and Cab Simulation
- Re-amp Output
- 2x Audient Console Mic Pres
- High Performance AKM AD/DA Converters
- ADAT Input for Expandability
- Main Speaker Output
- Independent Headphone Output
- Zero Latency Monitoring with Monitor Mix
- USB2.0 Compliant
- All-Metal Enclosure
- 12VDC Centre Positive DC Adapter - 2Amps
- Internally conditioned to provide +48VDC, +/-12VDC & low voltage rails for digital processing core & converters
- Sono cannot be bus powered for quality reasons
- Unit: 1.25kg
- Packaged: 2.0kg
- Unit (W x H x D): 229mm x 67mm x 165mm
- Packaged (W x H x D): 315mm x 112mm x 226mm