- 1 x Audient Sono Guitar Recording Audio Interface With Valve Preamp
- 1 x Aston Spirit - Multi Pattern Condenser Microphone
- 1 x Shure SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- 1 x Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Pro Studio Monitor Headphones
- 2 x Stagg Male to Female XLR Mic Cable 6m
The Audient Sono is an audio interface designed specifically for guitar players. Featuring a genuine 12AX7 preamp valve, a 3-band tone control and studio-class cab emulation - the Audient Sono is a truly unique piece of kit. This bundle comes with the Sono, an Aston Spirit condenser microphone, an SM57 dynamic instrument microphone, Audio Technica ATH-M40X headphones, mic stands, and cables - all the hardware you need to start recording instruments and vocals at home!
Designed in conjunction with guitar tone experts Two Notes Engineering, the Sono features their comprehensive power amp modelling and cab simulation technology, as well as a re-amping output and up to 10 inputs via ADAT connection, not to mention 24-bit/96khz audio and much more. Plug in and bring your guitar to life!
- 12AX7 preamp valve for analogue character
- 3-band EQ section with bass, middle and treble controls
- Convincing Two Notes Engineering power amp and cab simulation technology
- Re-amp output for experimenting with different amplifier and cab setups
- Free plugins and software with ARC
12AX7 Valve Preamp & 3-Band EQ
The Audient Sono gives guitar players a familiar amp-like sound character and user interface, by combining a genuine 12AX7 valve with a 3-band EQ section. While the 12AX7 valve offers up that unmistakable analogue warmth, the bass, middle and treble EQ controls let you fine-tune your sound on the way in to add body to your heavy tones or that extra bit of sparkle to your clean tones.
However, the Sono's microphone inputs allow you to also route a mic through the valve preamp section, analogue EQ and Two Notes processing. This is great if you want to form experimental sounds, or if you simply want to add that unmistakable analogue warmth to your recordings.
Two Notes Torpedo Software
Audient teamed up with Two Notes Engineering for the design of the Sono. Allowing you to seamlessly use their acclaimed Torpedo power amp modelling and cab simulation with the interface, this class-leading technology lets you accurately emulate the sounds of mic'd up guitar and bass amp cabinets and the process of capturing them - all from your desktop. There's plenty of choice, from a Marshall 4x12" to a huge Ampeg 8x10", and with Two Notes' online cab store you can expand your virtual cab library!
You can affect even more parameters to form your own custom sounds. Everything from the room type, microphone model and placement can be precisely tweaked to perfection, and even a stylistic tone control lets you change from vintage to modern sounds. Once you've discovered your favourite sounds, you can store up to 3 presets onboard the Sono so that when inspiration strikes - you can record with great tones straight away.
Got Pedals? No Problem!
If you want to use your own preamp pedals with the Sono, such as those made by Two Notes, you can bypass the built-in 12AX7 tube and take advantage of the Torpedo cab simulation technology in ultra-low latency. However, Sono also accomodates for other pedal types such as overdrive, modulation and reverb; meaning that you can record direct without the need for a real amplifier!
If you register your Sono, you'll get access to Audient's ARC creative hub. Featuring a comprehensive range of software and offers from some of the industry’s leading innovators, registering your product enables you to take advantage of these great offers for free!
- 10 in/4 out USB interface
- Classic Valve Preamp with 12AX7 Valve
- 3 Band Tone Control
- Two notes Power Amp and Cab Simulation
- Re-amp Output
- 2x Audient Console Mic Pres
- High Performance AKM AD/DA Converters
- ADAT Input for Expandability
- Main Speaker Output
- Independent Headphone Output
- Zero Latency Monitoring with Monitor Mix
- USB2.0 Compliant
- All-Metal Enclosure
- 12VDC Centre Positive DC Adapter - 2Amps
- Internally conditioned to provide +48VDC, +/-12VDC & low voltage rails for digital processing core & converters
- Sono cannot be bus powered for quality reasons
- Unit: 1.25kg
- Packaged: 2.0kg
- Unit (W x H x D): 229mm x 67mm x 165mm
- Packaged (W x H x D): 315mm x 112mm x 226mm
Here's what Shure say about the SM57
The legendary Shure SM57 microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. The SM57's outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this workhorse the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
- Multi-purpose Shure microphone with contoured frequency response for clean sound reproduction of amplified or acoustic instruments.
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
About the Aston Spirit
Aston Microphones pride themselves on being a British brand; both designing and building high quality, hand crafted and affordable microphones in the UK. Somewhat surprisingly, They're currently the only microphone manufacturer in the UK.
The Spirit is a high performance condener microphone using a 1" gold evaporated capsule. The mic offers a choice of 3 different polar patterns (Omni, Cardioid and Figure of 8) via a switch on the front. This gives the mic the versatility to record in a variety of environments. The Spirit will be a great choice for most instruments, but is particularly sweet on acoustic guitar and vocals. It's built with some of the best components that you find in expensive boutique microphones.
The result is a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
Here's What Audio-Technica Say About the ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones
The high-performance ATH-M40x professional headphones are tuned flat for incredibly accurate audio monitoring across an extended frequency range. Your studio experience is enhanced with superior sound isolation and swivelling earcups for convenient one-ear monitoring. Engineered with pro-grade materials and robust construction, the M40x excels in professional studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swivelling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable (2 cables included)