Limited Time Promotion
PreSonus are giving away a free Faderport when you purchase a Quantum or Quantum 4848 interface between June 1st 2019 and August 31st 2019! Simply follow the instructions and fill out the rebate form here and return it to PreSonus to receive your free Faderport!
Quantum is a sleek and powerful Thunderbolt 2 interface and studio command centre. Presonus' latest flagship interface boasts "superb audio quality" at 24-bit,192 kHz recording and playback. It’s a great choice for a wide variety of professional and semi-pro producers and electronic musicians.
Designed for pure performance, the Quantum utilises Thunderbolt connectivity and a simple direct-to-daw architecture to get ultra low latency and amazing sonic performance. There's no fancy DSP or un-needed special features; Quantum is focused on providing audiophile grade components to get the best sonic performance
Quantum offers total of 26 inputs and 32 outputs right out the box: including two combo mic/line/instrument inputs and six combo mic/line inputs, each with a digitally-controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V phantom power.
However, the Quantum also has two sets of ADAT Optical I/O plus S/PDIF stereo digital I/O so that you can have an additional 18 inputs and outputs with the right gear.
For most... that would be enough! But if you want to kit out your studio with a monster amount of I/O, you can also stack up to 4 Quantum interfaces together via Thunderbolt for up to a massive 96 inputs and outputs.
The beauty of this system is that you dont have to buy the full massive system in one go. Start with a quality foundation like the Quantum interface and your recording setup can slowly evolve as your needs start to grow. Add your personal favourite 8 channel preamp unit via ADAT, or buy a second Quantum interface and daisychain the 2 interfaces together. The choice is yours!
Here's what Presonus say about the Quantum
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
A superior choice for any production environment.
With its pro features and abundant I/O, the Quantum fits into any recording and production environment. You get two main and eight auxiliary balanced line-level outputs, as well as Mute/Dim and Mono controls. The onboard talkback mic can be routed to any mix, and you can listen to any mix from either of two independent headphone amps. All 10 analog outputs are DC coupled so they can provide control voltage to external analog equipment. Add that to Quantum’s expandability, flexible software suite, blazing speed, and superb sound quality, and you have a recording system that will be the heart of your dream studio for years to come.
Remote control with UC Surface, too!
The Quantum’s onboard features can also be controlled in PreSonus’ free UC Surface control software, so even if you use third-party recording software, you can remotely access them. We even included a real-time analyzer to monitor your audio streams. UC Surface has rapidly won accolades for an intuitive mixing interface that provides quick access to everything you need.
Now includes Studio Magic plug-in suite.
This suite of plug-ins brings extended sonic functionality into Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each one brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll find yourself relying on for countless mixes.
- 26x32 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- PreSonus’ fastest interface; record direct to DAW (no DSP)
- Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt for a monster system
- Talkback switch and internal Talkback microphone
- Mute/Dim and Mono switches
- Assignable output level control
- 10 8-segment LED meters (8 input, 2 output)
- Tight integration with included Studio One® Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production and studio command features
- Wireless control over preamp levels from free UC Surface touch-control software (Mac®/Windows®/iPad®) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
- Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs/32 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 front-panel combo microphone/instrument/line inputs
- 6 rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
- 8 XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switched 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line-level main outputs
- 8 balanced ¼” TRS line-level outputs
- Line outputs are DC coupled for sending control voltages for analog gear
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 2 high-volume headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Thunderbolt 2 high-speed bus
- 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Top-quality 120 dB A/D/A converters
- BNC word clock input and output with low-jitter clocking
- MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 1U rack-mountable
- 12 VDC external power supply (included)