- 1 x Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- 1 x Sontronics DELTA 2 Phantom-powered Ribbon Microphone
- 1 x Shure SM57 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- 1 x Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Pro Studio Monitor Headphones
- 2 x Tourtech Heavy Duty Microphone Boom Stand in Black
- 2 x Stagg Male to Female XLR Mic Cable 6m
Start recording with this handy Apollo Twin Duo bundle!
About the Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of one of the most popular audio interfaces we sell — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features up to Quad Core processing, Unison™ technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you’ve heard on hundreds of hit records.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion; giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings; heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps; including Neve,® API,® Manley,® and UA, complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins at near-zero latency; including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins; the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more. So you'll have a sweet package full of bonafide audio classics already onboard for you to use right from your first session.
Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin; with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
About the Sontronics Delta 2 Microphone
The original DELTA, along with our HALO dynamic mic for guitar amps, has become a must-have for many studios and live guitarists, from Bernard Butler to Radiohead's Ed O'Brien, from Steve Stevens to Aerosmith, and when it comes to build quality and perfect sound reproduction, the new DELTA 2 turns the dial up to 11!
Like the original, DELTA 2 is not only the perfect partner for guitar amplifiers but also ideal for use with other high-SPL sources, such as trumpet, trombone and tenor sax. Compared to our SIGMA 2, DELTA 2's reduced sensitivity enables it to capture incredibly powerful signals without overloading its internal preamp circuit. Its rugged build and multi-layer baffling make it ready for life on the road as well as in the studio.
DELTA 2 sounds even more stunning than the original, capturing amazing clarity and detail in the higher frequencies, together with astonishingly powerful mid and low tones.
The DELTA 2 does an incredible job of capturing every element of your guitar sound, whether you’re recording solo parts in the studio or miking up your amp on stage. DELTA 2 captures the true tone of whatever instrument you’re recording, allowing it to sit perfectly in the mix without requiring excessive gain or EQ.
Here's what Shure say about the SM57
The legendary Shure SM57 microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. The SM57's outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this workhorse the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
- Multi-purpose Shure microphone with contoured frequency response for clean sound reproduction of amplified or acoustic instruments.
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
Here's What Audio-Technica Say About the ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones
The high-performance ATH-M40x professional headphones are tuned flat for incredibly accurate audio monitoring across an extended frequency range. Your studio experience is enhanced with superior sound isolation and swivelling earcups for convenient one-ear monitoring. Engineered with pro-grade materials and robust construction, the M40x excels in professional studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swivelling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable (2 cables included)