Please note: this is a 5-user educational network copy of Reason 11, and will require verification in order to purchase.
Reason 11 is a powerful, expansive toolkit for making music on the computer. A collection of instruments, effects and tools, it comes both as a standalone DAW, and now as a plugin to use within your existing DAW. The ultimate flexible production tool!
- 17 instruments, 29 effects, 4 players, 8 utilities, 7GB of samples: 57 devices in total
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason’s rack
- Free pocket music studio for iOS
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality real-time time stretch & audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize—correct the timing of your audio recordings
- MIDI instrument/clock output—control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- Supports all major file formats—from wave and AIFF to mp3 and more
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file
- Advanced modelled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft the sounds your music needs, from scratch or from Reason’s huge library of sounds. Synthesizers, instruments and effects–as many as you need. Reason covers every need from the synthetic and electronic to acoustic and organic.
The components or your rack are automatically connected and routed for you. Dive deeper by unlocking manual rack-routing for a modular-style experience. The integrated browser makes it easier than ever to explore Reason’s vast sound/effect library.
Reason as a plugin
You can now use Reason’s instruments, effects and tools as a plugin within your existing DAW. This makes Reason a fantastic expansion to any studio setup. The instruments and effects can be used just like in Reason. Stack them, combine them, add Reason’s Player MIDI FX units. When you want more options, Reason Rack Plugin can also be expanded with exclusive Rack Extension plugins. Create the studio rack of your dreams!
Capture your musical ideas in Reason’s powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Reason has a unique take on tempo, key and pitch. Record first and decide on tempo later with Reason’s always-on, real-time and project-wide time stretch. Want to try a new key? Transpose your audio and retain the tempo. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. You can expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world—from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extension plugins are full rack citizens, giving you a fully integrated experience. Or use industry standard VST plugins right in your Reason rack.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modelled after the legendary SSL 9000k analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression.
Reason 11.2 Update - Beat Map Algorhythmic Drummer
With the 11.2 update, Reason Studios have brought the Beat Map Algorhythmic Drummer Rack Extension to Reason 11 and Reason 11 Suite! The Beat Map Algorhythmic Drummer Player generates drum patterns based on built-in beats and algorithms, as well as using simple yet powerful controls. You'd normally use it with the drum instruments in Reason but it can also be used with the melodic instruments for less conventional results.
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Grain Sample Manipulator
- Klang Tuned Percussion
- Pangea World Instrument
- Humana Vocal Ensemble
- Radical Piano
- Monotone Bass Synthesizer
- Rytmik Drum Machine
- Kong Drum Designer
- Thor Polysonic Synthesizer
- NN19 Sampler
- NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- Malström Graintable Synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- Redrum Drum Computer
- Subtractor Analog Synthesizer
- ID-8 Instrument Device
- Quartet Chorus Ensemble (new)
- Sweeper Modulation Effect (new)
- Master Bus Compressor (new)
- Channel Dynamics (new)
- Channel EQ (new)
- RV7000 MkII Reverb
- The Echo
- Softube Amp
- Softube Bass Amp
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- Alligator Triple Filtered Gate
- Pulveriser Demolition
- Synchronous Effects Modulator
- Neptune Pitch Adjuster
- BV512 Vocoder
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- MClass Equalizer
- MClass Stereo Imager
- MClass Compressor
- MClass Maximizer
- RV-7 Digital Reverb
- DDL-1 Digital Delay Line
- D-11 Foldback Distortion
- ECF-42 Envelope Controlled Filter
- CF-101 Chorus/Flanger
- PH-90 Phaser
- COMP-01 Compressor/Limiter
- PEQ-2 Two Band Parametric EQ
- UN-16 Unison
Player MIDI effects and utility devices
- Scales & Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- Matrix Pattern Sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- Mixer 14:2
- Line Mixer 6:2
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider CV Merger & Splitter
For system requirements, check out Reason Studios’ website.