A synth with a nasty bite! Avid's latest foray towards musical world domination sees the launch of a new synthesiser combining classic analogue synthesis with modern digital processing, delivering an aggressive new sound!
This is what Avid say about Venom
Avid announces its first offering into the synthesizer market with a landmark new product release - the M-Audio Venom 49-key synthesizer. Venom combines the character of classic analogue synths with modern digital processing to deliver a unique, aggressive sound that's sure to inspire. Whet your appetite with the included presets-then start tweaking to create original sounds that range from atmospheric and subtle to angry and downright rude. Easily tweak parameters from the intuitive top-panel interface, or explore endless sound design and configuration possibilities with the included software editor. Perform bass lines, leads, and more with a full-size keyboard designed to satisfy serious players. You can even use Venom as anaudio interface for Pro Tools M-Powered and other music software-forming a powerful production machine to take your music in wild new directions.
"Avid has made a phenomenal synthesizer. We can't say enough about it. It's awesome." -The Crystal Method
- 49-key, full-size, synth-action keyboard
- 12-voice polyphony, each voice including: 3 oscillators with 41 waveforms and 53 drum sounds sampled from vintage analogue synths, FM digital synths, and drum machines; pulse-width modulation, sync, FM, and ring modulation; resonant multimode filter with tube saturation limiting; 3 LFOs with selectable sample-and-hold; 3 AHDSR envelopes; 16 modulation routes
- 4-part multitimbral operation with independent MIDI-syncable phrase arpeggiators
- 512 onboard Single patches
- 256 onboard Multi (layered) patches
- 2 global bus effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser
- 1 insert effect per multitimbral part (4 total): Compression, EQ, Distortion, Bit Reduction, Decimation
- tap-tempo and manual BPM control from top panel
- built-in USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface (USB 1.1 backward compatible)
- 4 rotary encoders and 1 button for performance control and editing
- assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels
- included Vyzex Venom software editor
Venom comes fueled with 512 Single patches and 256 Multi-sound (layered) patches created by a world-class sound design team-so customers can start playing everything from bombastic basses, blistering leads, and 8-bit drums to grainy pads, menacing textures, and glitchy effects right out of the box. They'll also find a classic arpeggiator for added animation. They can tweak the sounds using the intuitive top-panel performance controls-or dig in deep using the supplied software editor.
A Killer New Sound
Thanks to a completely new M-Audio synth engine, Venom merges analog flavor with digital power-providing a unique sonic signature that stands apart from the glossy sheen of other virtual analog synths. Customers get 41 oscillator waves and 53 drum sounds sampled from the most awesome vintage keyboards of the past four decades-complete with DSP-induced oscillator drift for a retro vibe. Each of the 12 simultaneous virtual analog voices features three oscillators, giving users tons of flexibility for octaves, intervals, and fat, detuned offsets. Venom even offers FM, sync, and dynamic wave-shaping on all waveforms for unique hybrid sounds. For even more sound-shaping possibilities, the Venom resonant multimode filter features 12dB/octave (2-pole) and 24dB/octave (4-pole) operation, with tube saturation limiting on the input for that classic overdriven sound. Each voice also sports three LFOs with selectable sample-and-hold to create evolving, rhythmic sounds-plus three AHDSR envelopes for total sonic control.
A Pleasure to Play
Why should customers settle for a synth with toy-like keys or a clunky user interface? The Venom synth's 49 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys deliver a satisfying and inspiring musical experience for serious players. The four-octave keyboard is perfect for banging out bass lines, synth stabs, and blazing leads-while the intuitive top panel performance controls provides easy access to key synth parameters.
A Powerful Production Machine
Thanks to a built-in USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface, Venom unleashes the production power of Pro Tools M-Powered (version 8 and higher) and other popular music software. Microphone, line, and stereo line inputs let customers record vocals, guitar, and other instruments directly into their DAW software-without the hassle of any additional gear. They can also record MIDI tracks into their software, then play them back in real time using the Venom synth sound engine. Customers can even conjure up wild new sounds by routing instruments and external audio signals through the synth's filters, envelopes, and LFOs.