Akai MPK61 61 Key USB/ MIDI Controller with MPC pads
Great in the studio, but even better on stage, the MPK61 gives you all the functionality you'd expect from Akai and puts it into a controller keyboard that would be challenged by only the most complex of MIDI rigs!
One of the things Akai are most famous for is the quality of their sample triggering pads, and the MPK61 does not skimp on them. You get 16 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity as well as Akai's Q-Link controllers for control of up to 72 parameters.
The keyboard itself is carefully weighted for great playing action as you'd expect from a keyboard that has been designed to inspire your performance, whether it be recording in the studio, or live on stage. The MPK61 has plug and play MIDI over USB operation for seamless integration with your PC or Mac.
Here's what Akai say about the MPK61
Fully loaded for studio and stage.
The MPK61 is a keyboard performance MIDI controller that expands the popular MPK line. Each MPK controller combines a piano-style keybed with a bank of genuine Akai Professional MPC pads, assignable Q-Link controllers and key technologies from the iconic MPC family of music production workstations.
Producers, performers and DJs will appreciate the MPK61's mix of 61 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 16 MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity, 72 assignable Q-Link controllers, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and an arpeggiator. The MPK61's size is ideal for performers who need a larger keyboard than the original 49-key MPK49 offers, but also prefer the lighter weight and associated portability of a semi-weighted keyboard. The MPK61 retains the key split features from the MPK88, enabling you to divide the keyboard into two zones for performing with two different programs at once.
Like its 25, 49 and fully weighted 88-key siblings – the MPK25, MPK49 and MPK88, respectively – the MPK61 empowers you to create and manipulate melodic, harmonic and rhythmic content and inspires creative production with its arpeggiator, MPC Swing and MPC Note Repeat technologies.
The MPK61 comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software, one of the most popular and powerful performance and production programs worldwide. Ableton Live Lite enables musicians to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. The MPK61 is a MIDI controller that sends MIDI data over USB for plug-and-play performance with Mac and PC. Because they are MIDI compliant, the MPK series works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software for musical performers from keyboard players to producers to DJs and VJs.
- 61-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Control 72 software parameters with 24 assignable Q-Link controllers
- Key Split enables two different sounds from the same keyboard
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- Transport controls for use with sequencers and DAWs
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Number of Keys: 61 + 16 x 4 banks of drum pads
- Type of action: Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: Custom LCD
- Footswitchable Patch Changes: yes
- Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System Real-Time Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC