As seen on The Independent's Top 10 Best Beginner Guitars!The Chapman ML-1 is back – bigger and badder than ever! With a new Korean manufacturer, plus improved pickups, better-access neck design and 3 beautiful new finishes, the ML-1 takes Chapman Guitars to a whole new level.
Check out the Gator Deluxe ABS Case in our related items, it snugly fits all ML-1 Chapman guitars
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea. The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. Whilst the “Professional/Affordable” essence of the original ML guitars still shines through, we think you'll all agree that the new ML-1 & ML-2 guitars are a significant improvement on the original designs.
New Chapman ML-1 Specifications
- Solid mahogany body, with flame maple veneer option.
- Hi Gloss finish on the Trans Black & Amber Sunburst models & sanded natural oil stain (based on Robs actual ML-1).
- Maple neck with ebony fret board.
- Extra Jumbo Frets.
- 350mm (13 ¾”) Radius.
- 42mm Nut Width (57mm at 22nd fret).
- 25.5” Scale Length.
- Recessed bolt on construction.
- Satin finish to reverse of neck with gloss finish on headstock.
Hardware & Pickups
- HSS configuration with Chapman Guitarnivore Humbucker & 2 x Chapman Extreme Victory Single Coil Pickups
- Wilkinson WVPCR Trem System.
- TUSQ Nut.
- Grover Machine Heads
- 3 way pickup switch with tone & volume controls – tone control is pulled out to activate coil tap.
|Switch Position||Without Coil Tap||With Coil Tap|
|P1||Neck Single Coil||Neck & Middle Single Coil|
|P2||Neck & Bridge Together||All 3 Pickups Together|
|P3||Bridge Humbucker Only||Bridge (split) & Middle Coil|
- Trans Black Flame Top
- Amber Sunburst Flame Top
- Natural Satin
- Left handed model only available in Trans Black Flame Top
Accessories and Other Info
- Includes Deluxe Chapman Gig Bag
- All guitars will be strung with Daddario 10-46 strings & checked before being dispatched.
Please note that unlike the previous ML-1 & ML-2 guitars, there are no custom options available on these guitars – according to Rob Chapman there simply isn't anything he'd like to change!
For more info on Chapman Guitars, please go to www.chapmanguitars.co.uk
Includes Gig Bag
The new Chapman guitars all include a premium quality, heavy-duty gig bag as pictured above. Please note the gig bag is not currently for sale separately.