Tascam DP-008 Portable 8 track recorder
The DP008 is a high quality, portable and affordable 8 track multitrack recorder that is packed with a host of great features so it is ideal for on-the-move recording. Record up to two channels at once (with XLR, line and guitar inputs, or built in scratch mics [great for getting ideas down instantly]) of CD quality audio.
Just like any good 8 track, you can digitally bounce tracks to enable you to get more parts into your arrangement. The DP-008 is dead simple to use so you're never caught out when trying to get an idea down quickly. Record on standard SD cards then transfer to your PC with USB. The final touches include EQ, reverb and pan controls on each channel so you can put together a quick mix on your way home!
Here's what Tascam say about the DP008
TASCAM culminates 30 years of Portastudio Recording with the DP-008, a portable 8-track recorder for all musicians. TASCAM's DP-008 is an eight-track recorder that captures CD-quality audio, two tracks at a time. You can use built-in microphones to grab ideas, plug condenser mics into the XLR inputs or plug a guitar directly in to lay tracks. There's even a metronome and chromatic tuner built-in for tight-sounding tracks. The DP-008 also allows you to digitally bounce tracks to make room for more, and touches like editing and undo make recording stress-free.
Each track on the DP-008 has its own row of knobs for level, pan and effects, just like our classic cassette Portastudios of the past. The effects knob sends to a built-in stereo reverb processor with hall, room, stage and other effects. Each track also has EQ to tailor the sound for your mix. When your song is complete, mix it to a dedicated stereo track while riding levels and flipping pan as much as you want. You can export your mix, or even individual tracks, as a WAV or MP3 file.
TASCAM invented the home recording studio with the original cassette Portastudio. The DP-008 takes the ease-of-use of those classic songwriting tools and adds portability, digital sound quality, effects and mixdown to bring home recording into the 21st century. Simplify your recording workflow with TASCAM's DP-008.
- 8-track Digital Portastudio
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4" line inputs, one switchable to guitar level for direct recording
- 1/4" footswitch input and Autopunch features for punch-in recording
- RCA line outputs
- 1/8" stereo headphone output
- Powered by four AA batteries (included) or PS-P520 power supply (optional)
- Chromatic tuner and metronome features
- Stereo reverb effect on send/return path
- Level, Pan and 2-band EQ controls per channel
- 44.1kHz/16-bit recording resolution
- Records to SD or SDHC Card media, up to 32GB supported
- USB 2.0 connection to computer for backup and track/mixdown export
- 2GB SD Card, USB cable, AA batteries included
- Built-in stereo electret condenser microphones
- Backlit LCD display