Based on the stunning Duesenberg Fullerton model this new Mike Campbell II signature model is a stunning example of a doublecut hollowbody with a difference. Nothing quite plays or sounds like Duesenberg thanks to their incredible attention detail and the fact that they build nearly ever component by themselves in house to deliver an incredible guitar that you will love.
Duesenberg are known for their incredible attention to detail when it comes to their guitars. This attention to detail had lead them to make pretty much all of the parts and components in house with only the highest quality German sourced materials. This attention to detail is not just on the hardware though. The body and neck are both made to perfection with a great feel that will have you instantly cracking out blues rock licks.
Woods Of Choice
Making up this quality guitar you have some great quality materials bringing it all together. The body is made with a laminated spruce maple top with laminated flame maple back and sides almost giving you an acoustic like tone. This guitar when you look it you would think that this is your standard semi-hollow design. However this guitar is actually completely hollow on the inside without a sustain block. This makes getting those stunning fedback notes a dream while keeping a vintage style tone.
The neck has been carved out of a single piece of maple and topped with Indian rosewood for a 22 fret 25.6" scale length wonder. This guitar has the typical Duesenberg 'D' shaped carve around the neck which is not too thing but not too thick either deliver wonderfully smooth action.
German Made Hardware
The Germans know what it takes to make something not only stylish but also incredibly function and hard wearing. That is why instead of using other manufactuers hardware they have decided to make their own from scratch. With this they have created the innovative split shaft Z-Tuners and amazing electronics that will give you a fresh new sound.
From top to bottom this guitar is loaded up with all of the coolest parts Duesenberg could fit in. You have a set of their astonishing Domino P-90 pickups with your standard volume, tone 3-way control set up but with something extra. Duesenberg have also fitted something they call the 'Destruct Knob'; this increased the tone by up to 10db which lets you instantly push your amp harder for greater distortion and feedback.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black veneer
- Type: hollow body without sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: laminated spruce
- Back, sides: laminated flamed maple
- Size: 51,5 x 41 x 6,8 cm / 20.27" x 16" x 2.75"
- Binding: cream, 5-layer purfling
- Pickguard: custom signed nickel pickguard
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: Duesenberg Trapeze Tailpiece
- Strap pins: Kluson Multi-Lock
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Case: Included
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector, 1 "Destruct"-Knob
- Special: Active Booster +10db (Destruct Knob)