Update: Avid have produced the new 64 bit, standalone Eleven Rack Plugin editor which is now fully compatible with Pro Tools 11! Now you can easily configure Eleven Rack plugin using your Mac or PC, without launching Pro Tools; change guitar pedal, amp, and speaker settings using the graphical interface; and download and play thousands of presets from ElevenRackPresets.com!
Pro Tools 11 is the latest incarnation of Avid's flagship recording software package. Now, more than ever, Pro Tools is still the professional package that it used to be, but also panders to the modern engineer's recording workflow.
Key improvements include a brand new audio engine which will enable you to break through previous limitations and have bigger mixes, more effects and more instruments, thanks to 64-bit architecture (where available).
In addition, native support for HD video editing makes composing to picture easier than ever, and offline bounce (as opposed to real time) means you can produce long sequences of audio without a lengthy bounce process at the end.
As always, you get the cutting-edge tracking, editing and MIDI features that made Pro Tools so popular in the first place!
Here's what Avid say about Pro Tools 11
The most powerful digital audio workstation just got more powerful. With an all-new, ultra-efficient audio engine, 64-bit performance, and groundbreaking capabilities, Pro Tools 11 enables you to take on the most complex and demanding music and audio post productions with ease, so you can focus on sounding your best.
- Get exponentially more processing power than Pro Tools 10 using the same hardware
- Create bigger, more complex sessions, without holding anything back
- Experience ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance
- Play and edit a wide range of HD video formats right in the Pro Tools timeline
What's new in Pro Tools 11
Turbocharge sessions with the all-new Avid Audio Engine
Get multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 to work with way more virtual instruments and effects plug-ins than ever before. And with the new 64-bit architecture, you gain the performance you need to handle the most sophisticated sessions—with more memory headroom to go even bigger.
Deliver mixes with lightning-fast offline bounce
Forget the wait—speed up your final mix delivery with new faster-than-real-time bounce capabilities.
Have confidence in your mix with new metering options (Pro Tools HD 11 only)
New built-in metering standards provide a variety of scale and ballistics options, so you can be assured that you’re creating the best mix possible.
Work directly with HD video
Play MXF HD, Avid DNxHD, and other HD video formats directly in the Pro Tools timeline, without transcoding, using the built-in Avid Video Engine—the same as in Media Composer.
Pro Tools 11 software
- Boom-drum machine and sequencer
- DB-33-tonewheel organ with rotating speaker
- Mini Grand-acoustic grand piano
- Structure Free-sample player
- Vacuum-monophonic tube synth
- Xpand!2-synth and sample workstation
- Big Fish Audio 8 GB sound library
Over 70 effects, sound processing, and utility plug-ins, including:
- AIR effects-high-quality reverb, delay, flange, and other effects
- Avid Channel Strip-System 5 EQ and compression modeler
- BF 76-1176 compressor emulation
- D-Verb-professional-grade reverb and ambience processing
- Eleven Free-guitar amp and effects emulator
- EQ III and Dynamics III-high-quality EQ and compressors/limiters
- Maxim-peak limiter and mastering
- Avid-qualified Mac or PC
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) or Windows 7 or 8
- Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (64-bit)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB minimum required for Pro Tools HD)
- Minimum 15 GB free hard disk space for full installation
- USB port for iLok (plus, Internet connection for software download)
- iLok USB Smart Key (for software authorization)