The original Kramer Baretta helped define rock and metal music upon it's release in 1983. In the decade of decadence, guitarists often turned to Kramer for a guitar that was as fast and furious as the Sunset Strip lifestyle. The Baretta's sleek double-cut design, single bridge humbucker and lightning fast neck ticked all the boxes. Arguably the most notable Baretta player was one Edward Van Halen. The Baretta was originally designed to be Ed's signature model although he never endorsed it on stage. Ed would go on to inspire millions of budding shredders the world over and the Kramer Baretta played a huge role in his success.
Here's what Kramer say about the Custom Graphics "Hot Rod" Baretta
With custom graphics designed by Kramer Custom Graphic Artist Chris Stemmer, the hand-painted original was displayed at the 2020 Winter NAMM Show Kramer exhibit and is now available to everyone. Inspired by glittery, hot-rodded collectible toy cars from the 1960s, the graphics of this Baretta, already one of the "fastest metal guitars in the world," really make it look the part! This Baretta is part of the Kramer Custom Graphics Collection and is a tribute to one of the most iconic and original guitar designs in rock. Featuring an alder body, hard maple neck, a single Seymour Duncan® JB™ zebra-coil humbucker™, a Floyd Rose® 1000 series tremolo with an R2 1000 series locking nut, an EVH® D-Tuna® Drop D Tuning System, and a Floyd Rose LRT-L40 Trem Stop to keep the tuning stable when using the D-Tuna. Plus, with the Blue Sparkle with Flames Custom Graphics finish, it looks as hot as it plays.
- Seymour Duncan JB Pickup - The ultimate hot rodded humbucker! The low end is full and powerful, the highs are crisp and detailed and there’s an upper-midrange bump that adds crunch and chunk to heavy chords.
- Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Tremolo - A shred machine wouldn't be complete without a locking tremolo, right? The Floyd Rose tremolo allows you dive bomb to your heart's content all whilst staying perfectly in tune!
- EVH® D-Tuna® - This clever little piece of kit allows you to drop your bottom E string down to a D without having to loosen the locking nut and retune your guitar.
- Custom Graphics - The less than subtle paint job will certainly make you stand out in a crowd!
- Body Shape: Baretta
- Body Material: Alder
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Profile: Baretta Thin Profile
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.6"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose R2 1000 Series Locking Nut with Black String Retaining Bar
- Nut Width: 1.626"
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Joint: Bolt On
- Finish: Chrome
- Tuner Plating: Chrome
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Tremolo with LRT-L40 Trem Stop and EVH D-Tuna Drop D Tuning System
- Tuning Machines: Mini Die Cast
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black w/Gold Print "Baretta"
- Control Knobs: Chrome Knurled Dome
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Mounting Rings: Black
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB
- Neck Pickup: N/A
- Middle Pickup: N/A
- Controls: 500K Master Volume with Push/Pull Series/Parallel Switch
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: .010 .013 .017 .026 .036 .046
- Case: Kramer Premium Gig Bag
- Accessories: Black Wrench Holder - Back of Headstock