The Jag-Stang is back! A cult favourite among avid Fender collectors, this extreme offset electric guitar has finally been resurrected to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Nirvana's seminal album Nevermind. Originally designed by frontman Kurt Cobain in 1993 — merging his favourite elements from the Mustang and Jaguar models he famously used — the Jag-Stang simply screams "alternative rock", and this limited edition reissue retains the same features that made it Kurt’s ideal instrument.
Brimming with quirky style and boasting unique, vintage-inspired appointments — the Fender Jag-Stang is the perfect guitar for not only Nirvana fans, but any player keen to stand out on stage!
- Alder Body — Timeless tonewood choice synonymous with bolt-on electric guitars. Provides a balanced sonic foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, punchy mids and singing highs.
- Maple Neck — Ensures stability, a bright sonic character and a snappy note response. Features a slim "C"-shaped profile for exceptional comfort.
- Rosewood Fingerboard — Silky-smooth material under the fingers, sporting an old-school 7.25" radius.
- 24” Scale Length — Short scale reduces string tension for an easier, "slinkier" playing experience.
- Vintage-Style Pickups — Versatile H/S configuration perfectly recreates Cobain's classic tones, combining a powerful humbucker with a chimey single-coil.
- On-Off/In-Phase/Out-of-Phase Slider Switches — Sound-changing switches (for each pickup) offer a wide tonal palette.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jag-Stang
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 24" (609.6 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Frets: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 22
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Jag-Stang Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag