Here's what Klark Teknik say about the DN100:
The DN100 has become an established favourite amongst both engineers and musicians alike. With its high headroom, dynamic response and sonic clarity, DN100 faithfully reproduces the character of electric and acoustic instruments and allows far more of the detail of musical performances to be captured.
DN100 is intended for professional applications where +48 V phantom power is a standard feature on all mixing consoles, and its innovative design results in a significantly higher clipping point than many other active DI Boxes, providing +10 dBu output into a 2 kΩ load.
This increased headroom means that much higher level input signals can be accommodated without the need for an attenuating pad. Combined with a very low noise input circuit topology, DN100 offers a very wide dynamic range, and only requires a single -30 dB pad for use when connecting directly to instrument amplifier outputs.
DN100 is built to handle the rigours of life on the road, a thick aluminium extrusion protects the electronics, and in turn is covered by a tough silicone rubber sleeve.
- High-headroom design with +48 V phantom power
- Fully transformer-isolated design
- Balanced line input on Neutrik XLR and high impedance input and link output
- 30 dB input pad and earth lift switches
- Features Kensington lock
- Aluminium extrusion casing with protective silicone rubber sleeve
- Compact and rugged design