The Analog Heat isn't a synth, sequencer or drum machine like many of Elektron's other products. It's actually an analogue effects unit with Elektron's Overbridge integration that can completely transform your tone with the warmth and musicality of analogue hardware.
Loads of sound shaping options
Elektron actually describe the Analog Heat as an 'audio enhancer and an audio destroyer'. It features eight different analogue stereo distortion circuits, a stereo analogue multi-mode filter and stereo analogue EQ for you to shape your tones and give them depth and punch.
Do more with Overbridge
Elektron's Overbridge technology creates the link between your analogue hardware and your DAW environment. With Overbridge you can connect your Analog Heat to your computer via a simple USB cable and use it just like a VST/AU plug-in. Use real analogue processing on your tracks for awesome results in a simple and integrated setup.
Here's what Elektron say about the Analog Heat
Add sparkly brilliance, or grimy roughness, to any sound source. Samplers, drum machines, synths, the master bus, you name it. Analog Heat is a fiery furnace destined to make your music glow.
Take a sound, any sound. Send it through the Analog Heat, try out the eight different stereo analog distortion circuits, add stereo analog filtering and EQ, and hear beautiful things unfold. New life for your existing gear.
Overbridge essentially allows your Analog Heat to be used as a VST/AU effect plugin. Connect the Analog Heat to your computer and conveniently smooth out the edges of all digital sounds. Incredibly useful for bringing your mixes to life.*
Sound card operation
One of the most prominent Analog Heat features: it can function as a 2 in/2 out sound card, even while processing DAW audio. Perfect for the traveling musician. Create as you go and make stellar, high quality recordings wherever you may roam.
- 8 × Stereo analog distortion circuits
- 1 × Stereo analog multi-mode filter (7 filter types)
- 1 × 2 band adaptable stereo analog EQ
- 1 × Assignable envelope generator/envelope follower
- 1 × Assignable LFO
- 128 user preset slots
- 122×32 pixel backlit LCD
- MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync out
- 2 × 1/4 balanced audio out jacks
- 2 × 1/4 balanced audio in jacks
- 1 × 1/4 stereo headphones jack
- 2 × 1/4 CV/Expression pedal input jacks
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Flash-EEPROM upgradable OS
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 port
- Headphones out level: +22 dBu peak
- Headphones output impedance: 55
- Impedance balanced main outputs level: +22 dBu peak
- Main outputs impedance: 440 unbalanced
- Sound card S/N Ratio: 111 dBFS (20-20,000 Hz)
- Balanced audio input level: +22 dBu peak
- Audio input impedance: 39 k
- Sound card S/N Ratio: 112 dBFS (20-20,000 Hz)
- Input level: -5 V – +5 V
- Accepts CV, Expression pedals, Foot switches
- Sturdy steel casing
- Dimensions: W215×D184×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5) (including audio outputs, knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- Overbridge support
- Ableton Live 9 Lite license included
- 3 year Elektron warranty