Fulltone have made some great refinements to their renowned Deja Vibe pedal – it’s smaller, bigger-sounding and better than ever!
Designed to emulate the iconic sound of vintage 60’s Univibe units, the Mini Deja Vibe is a convincing recreation of the original that lets you enjoy all the functionality of a modern pedal.
The Deja Vibe has two mode switches that allow you to adjust the overall sound of the pedal. The Vintage mode combined with the Chorus delivers that legendary liquid-y phased/chorused sound - popularised by Jimi Hendrix.
Modern mode offers you a little more output with a more pronounced low-end “throb”, so that the full frequency range of your guitar and amp can be retained. You can achieve some leslie-style tones with the Vibrato mode, giving your guitar some gentle to extreme warble depending on how you set the Intensity and Speed controls.
The pedal also converts the 9V power to 18V, which is what the Univibe ran on. This means that you get all the broad headroom and range that the original allowed, getting you an even closer sound.
Compact and Pedalboard Friendly:
The Deja Vibe Mini can easily be added to your pedalboard. Fulltone have made sure that the input and output jacks are mounted on the top of the pedal, so it can fit snug between any pedals with no annoying positioning caused by protruding side-mounted cables.
You can also insert almost any expression pedal into the input on the back, which gives you control over the Speed of the effect. So no matter which mode you’re in, you can place the pedal in heel down position for some subtle movement or push it forward for some super wacky modulation!
Here’s what Fulltone have to say about their Mini Deja Vibe:
- 15% smaller enclosure, still with top-mounted jacks for tight spaces.
- Has MUCH slower and MUCH faster available speeds achieved by replacing the standard Speed pot everybody uses with a Fulltone custom-made Dual Photoresistor, while retaining the original Univibe's unique and crucial Oscillator circuit.
- Has a totally linear ramp up of the Speed knob (and external pedal).This is the bummer about older Deja'Vibes, other clones, and original Univibes: the speed controller has a spot where everything happens, making it hard to find the right speed. Problem-solved with the CS-
- It has an External Pedal jack allowing the use of virtually any expression pedal out there, whether it has a 10K, a 50K, 100K, etc potentiometer. As i mentioned previously, you will LOVE the completely linear flow from slow to fast speeds.
- It has twice the available volume as any vibe clone, assuring that you don't get bogged-down in the mix when you kick it on...without being bright and cold sounding, and a super-low output impedance so it works with Fuzz and even the dirtiest of amps!
- 100% correct Vintage Univibe analog circuit with no opamps in the Audio path, still using 13 x Panasonic 2SC828 transistors, still the Fulltone Proprietary glass lens/ hermetically sealed photocells with correct incandescent bulb.
- PSU not included