T-Rex is a small company with big ideas; based in Denmark, they've produced some of the most popular (and eye-catching) guitar pedals in the world. For 2018, they've reissued some of their earliest trailblazing effects in the form of hand-built stompboxes that sound every bit as luscious as you can imagine!
The Tremster Tremolo
The Tremster is T-Rex's take on the classic tremolo pedal sound that harkens back to the valve amp sound of the '50s and '60s. Uniquely, T-Rex have tweaked the waveforms used to determine the modulation of your signal; softness around the peaks while remaining abrupt. This means that you get a velvety smooth sound that's unmistakable without being intrusive!
Even when the depth is cranked, it remains smooth in its response. This means it can be very easily applied to your guitar regardless of your preferred playing style, and it'll sit in any mix without any rhythmic interruption. As well as this, T-Rex have used a dynamic pulsating LED so you can see the pedal's response in real-time.
This is a simple pedal with analog circuitry and a straightforward interface - the magic is in the sound!
- “The red one” - Natural, organic tremolo effect
- Handbuilt in Denmark
- True bypass
- Reproduction of the original Tremster circuit
- Selected parts match or surpass the old ones in quality/sound
Here's what T-Rex have to say about the Tremster:
This pedal is a reissue of one of the very first stompbox series made by T-Rex. They were handmade in Vejle, Denmark using local suppliers and “local” employees such as family members and friends of T-Rex founders Lars and Sebastian. Yes, the old, sought-after Mudhoneys, Albertas and Tremsters were made in a smokey, low-key environment filled with passion and late-night soldering. We´re talking small scale, big expectations, here.
The reissue pedals use the same leaded components and parts as the old ones, but are wave soldered for higher precision and quality. The bypass circuit has been changed to a true bypass design, but other than that, it´s just like the old days. We even stuck in some resistor values that were “slightly off the mark” but contributed to the sound in a very positive way.
We are very proud to give re-birth to these three classics in “the right way” by doing the work ourselves in Vejle, Denmark. We hope they will keep the legacy of our red, blue and yellow “babies” alive while giving players a second chance for owning one of them.
- Depth: Adjusts the depth of the volume modulation
- Speed: Adjusts how fast the tremolo pulsates
- Volume: Adjusts the output level
- Mode: Switches between hard/soft tremolo
- Input impedance 500 K Ohm
- Output impedance 1 K Ohm
- Power supply 9 VDC . 2,1 mm barrel plug .
- Current draw @ 9 VDC 7 mA
- Maximum input signal Vp-p 1.7 Vp-p
- Battery type / Battery life 9 V battery 6F22 / 12-16 hours
- External connectors Input jack, Output jack, 9 VDC Jack
- Controls On/Off, Volume, Speed, Depth, Mode
- Unit size and weight (W x H x D) 100 x 55 x 120 mm / 3.9 x 2.2 x 4.7 in
- 0,450 kg / 15.9 oz