Empress Phaser Pedal
The Empress Phaser is the ultimate guitarists Phaser with total and utter control over your phaser sound, down to the smallest detail.
It's a digitally controlled analogue pedal, part of a new wave of companies giving the flexibility of digital effects with the warmth of analogue.
With the waveform knob you can select the exact type of phaser that you want to use:
- Through sine
- Asymmetric sine
- Swung sine
- Reverse sawtooth
- Step waveforms
You can use the tap tempo to match the phase to your song or control it with the speed/ratio knob or even allow the phaser to automatically create the phase tempo. Or you can connect an expression pedal to the control pedal and use your feet you shape and mold your phase sound.
The Gain knob can add up to 6dB of boost to really drive the preamp.
All in all, you can achieve a crazy amount of Phase sounds with this pedal from the classic jet engine sounds to funky auto-wah and ring modulation as well as vibrato and univibe-esque tones.
Here's what Empress say about the Phaser
Redefining the phaser effect from the ground up, Empress Effects has created a phaser pedal unlike anything else on the market. Employing a unique VCA based design, the Empress Phaser Pedal offers unparalleled signal-to-noise ratio. Choose between 2 stage, 4 stage or an Empress exclusive 3 stage mode; all controllable via tap tempo sweeping through an impressive set of 8 waveforms.
The Empress Phaser Pedal is the next generation in the evolution of digitally-controlled analog technology. It features an all-analog signal path but is controlled by a microprocessor, allowing it to maintain all its character and analog flavor while adding a ton of possibilities for control and adaptability. Sure, it does the classic jet sounds, super funky auto-wah and ring modulators, as well as having vibrato and Univibe sounds on tap. But what really sets the Empress Phaser Pedal apart are the auto modes: envelope following, audio-triggered sweeps, rhythms and direct control are just a few of the settings found on the Empress Phaser Pedal.
It also offers unsurpassed connectivity by featuring expression pedal control as well as accepting control voltage, external tap, external audio control and MIDI. All of this comes in a rock solid die cast aluminum enclosure with true bypass keeping things clean.
- Killer Sound Quality - The Signal to Noise ratio is around 104 dB.
- 8 Auto modes - Envelope follower, center & speed, speed(sine), speed(square), audio sweep trigger, random level trigger, rhythms and direct control
- Tap Tempo with Ratios - Use tap tempo to set the phasers speed; the ratio selection makes fast tempos and triplet based phase times easy.
- 2 / 3 / 4 Stages - Select 2, 4 or, an empress exclusive, 3 stages
- 5 Rhythms - Rhythms let your phaser boldly go where no phaser has gone before
- Ultimate Control - Control over width, speed, resonance, waveform, and number of stages.
- 8 Waveforms - Phase through sine, triangle, asymmetric sine, swung sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooh, square and step waveforms.
- True Bypass - The Empress Phaser Pedal employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Gain - Set the output gain of the phaser to match your bypassed signal or use up to 6dB of boost to really drive your preamp
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Unsurpassed Connectivity - The Universal Control Port allows you to connect an expression pedal, external tap switch, control voltage, external audio input and MIDI all using a standard 1/4" jack!
- True Display LEDs - Extremely responsive LEDs always let you know what the phaser is doing and help you adjust the sensitivity in the auto modes.
- Power Input Voltage: 9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector: 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption: ~120mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector: 1/4" Jack
- Output connector: 1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only): 1.5"
- Height (including controls): 2"
- Length: 3.5"
- Width: 4.5"
- weight: 1 lb