Empress Germ Drive Pedal
Think Tweed amp. The Germ drive immediately offers rich harmonics and delicious dirty tones especially into a clean amp and will give you a one way ticket to Nashville!
The Germ responds like a tube amp and will clean up when you roll your volume off as well as respond to your playing dynamic.
Here's what Empress say about the Germ Drive
True to the tweed tube amps of the 50's, the germ drive delivers warm, harmonically rich overdrive that cleans up with a twist of your volume knob. Its tube-like break-up sounds extremely natural and will enhance your sound without masking the original tone of your instrument.
This true bypass overdrive offers gain control, two bands of EQ and output control to fully tweak your sound.
- All Analog Signal Path - no digitals in here!
- Natural Break-up - Stays true to your original tone.
- Cleans up well - Seamlessly clean up your sound by rolling back your volume knob.
- Dynamic - Responds well to your dynamics like a tube preamp
- Sustain - Good sustain with warm, tube-like overdrive
- EQ - Hi shelf and low shelf EQs let you tweak your sound.
- Bass - Works great on bass!
- True Bypass - The Empress Germ Drive employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 2.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Input Impedance 1M
- Output Impedance 2.2k
- Frequency Response (-3dB) 20Hz - 20kHz
- Power Input Voltage 9V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption ~ 35mA
- Enclosure Material Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector 1/4" Jack
- Output connector 1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only) 1.5"
- Height (including controls) 2"
- Length 4.5"
- Width 2.5"
- Weight 0.5 lbs
Available For Order
Normally available in 6 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 6 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery