The Cooper FX 'Grain' card is made for the Arcades console pedal. Simply plug it in, and you'll have access to eight tone-twisting sounds: Buffer, Timest, Envbuf, Envts, Bounce, Pitch, LoFi and RndSze.
8 Grainy Sounds
- 1. Buffer – This is a simple granular buffer.
- 2. Timest – Granular time stretching, or manipulating playback speed but not pitch with forward reverse, and random playback.
- 3. Envbuf – Similar to mode 1, but instead of the freeze knob dictating the looping behaviour of the buffer, the incoming audio's dynamics will determine when the buffer is recording/frozen.
- 4. Envts – Similar to mode 2, but instead of the freeze knob dictating the looping behaviour of the buffer, the incoming audio's dynamics will determine when the buffer is recording/frozen. Also, the stretching will stall and stop when audio triggers the envelope detector.
- 5. Bounce – This program plays back two grains at different pitches.
- 6. Pitch – This takes the grains and plays them back faster or slower, resulting in a pitch-shifted grain.
- 7. LoFi – The LoFi program is similar to the pitch program, but instead adds a crinkly tape-like modulation on the tails.
- 8. RndSze – Randomise the grain size with this program for ultimate glitchy-ness.