Back with more punch and power than ever before, the Flux Five is an incredible hybrid pedal that emulates the highly-tweakable EQ section found on some of Mesa Boogie's best amplifiers - along with the Flux Drive overdrive circuit! This turbo-charged model gives you all the same great features found on its predecessor, but is available in a far more comprehensive and compact package.
What makes the Mesa Boogie Flux Five excel is its combination of a classic 5-band graphic EQ section with footswitchable 'HI/LO' performance modes. Create epic, scooped metal tones using the signature "V" curve setting, or simply enhance your existing tones via the versatile treble and bass rotary EQ controls - alongside any settings that you dial-in with the tactile sliders.
HI/LO Performance Modes
HI/LO performance modes enhance the flexibility of the Flux Five even further. The LO gain mode is essentially the original Flux Drive in every way, but now, a new higher-gain version of this stunning sound can be attained via the HI mode. Switch between both circuits with the dedicated footswitch - HI mode is perfect for solos!
Easy to Configure
The Graphic EQ can be applied to both HI and LO gain modes, which enables you to have a global EQ curve or have the ability to apply it to either gain mode separately - to have two “preset” sounds with different EQ shapes and gain signatures to switch between. The 'HI TRIM' pot allows the volume level of HI mode to be adjusted in relation to the original LO mode.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Footswitch bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- HI/LO Footswitch provides instant access between HI & LO (Gain) Modes for greater musical versatility
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of vocal-overdrive, dynamic to sustaining
- Bass & Treble Controls provide +/- 12dB of EQ boost or cut for exceptional overall tone shaping
- 5-Band Graphic EQ provides Auto-Assignability to either Mode (HI or LO) via Independent On/Off Switches and Mesa’s legendary tone-shaping power with +/- 12dB of boost or cut at 80Hz, 240Hz, 750Hz, 2.2Khz and 6.6Khz
- HI Trim Level Control with LED Indicator provides an Independent Level Boost when HI Mode is activated
- Master Level Control provides an overall variable range of signal boost up to +20dB
- On/Off Status LED with Dual Color LED’s to indicate the active Mode (LO = Yellow / HI = Red)
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Supply Input Jack
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 5.78" x 4.76" x 2.30" (146.8mm x 121mm x 58.4mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs. (771g) with battery, 1.6 lbs. (725.7g) without battery
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
- Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
- External Power Supply (Not Included): To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply must be 9VDC with a negative center plug polarity and a jack plug size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
- Output Impedance: 10k Ohm