The Jackson Audio Bloom V2 is a MIDI-controllable optical compressor that gives you an incredible level of control over your compression. With a circuit styled after the legendary LA-2A studio compressor, MIDI control over the 6 compression parameters, a 3-band EQ, and 6 handy presets the Bloom is a seriously powerful compressor.
The Bloom is an optical compressor that has a more transparent sound with a softer attack and release. Unlike many compressors which have a distinct compressed tone, the Bloom won’t colour your tone in any dramatic way. Optical compressors are great for players who want their tone to sound polished and controlled without it sounding obvious that it’s compressed.
The Bloom also features a secondary compression circuit that can be used in series ahead of the main compressor for increased sustain without sacrificing clarity. The second compression stage comes through on preset five, “Slide Mode” which was designed in collaboration with Joey Landreth to get the perfect compression for slide playing.
The Bloom also features a built-in boost referred to as Bloom. You can activate the boost by simply pressing on the Bloom switch but you can also press and hold it to slowly build up to the boost level you’ve set.
New to the Bloom V2 is MIDI connectivity. The Bloom was already a super flexible and versatile compressor but now you can control all six compression parameters via MIDI. Using an external MIDI controller you switch up the compression characteristics in an instant. No more crouching down to adjust the controls!
- Optical LA-2A style limiting circuit
- MIDI control over all 6 compression parameters, ON/OFF and Level
- 6 instant access presets
- Flat frequency response paired with 3-band EQ for optimal tone shaping
- Small footprint and top-mounted jacks - for ease of pedalboard mounting
- Powered by 9 V DC PSU (centre -, 2.1mm, ~ 300 mA current draw)
- Preset 1: Limit Mode - Ultra-fast attack (2.5ms) that clamps any signal and acts as a limiter.
- Preset 2: Country Mode - Fast attack (7.5ms) timed for chicken picking or modern country.
- Preset 3: R&B Mode - Medium attack (50ms)
- Preset 4: Ballad Mode - Slow attack (120ms)
- Preset 5: Slide Mode aka ‘Joey’ Mode - Adds an additional internal compression stage in series before the primary compressor for increased sustain.
- Preset 6: Aux Compressor. The aux compressor is the internal compressor circuit that is used in Preset 5. There are two trimmers located on the side of the pedal that allow the user to adjust the COMP and VOLUME for this additional compression stage.
- Input Impedance: 1M
- Output Impedance: 100k
- Power Supply: DC
- Voltage Input: 9V MAX
- Polarity: Center Negative
- Min Current Required: 300mA
- Dimensions: 2.7” x 4.875″