The Fender Jaguar is an alternative all-star, often wielded by indie rockers and psychedelic shoe-gazers. Known for its distinctive dual single-coil setup, floating vibrato and short 24" scale length; the Jaguar remains a popular choice for players looking for something stylish and unique.
This Squier FSR Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar pays homage to the original post-CBS era Fender models, and keeps many vintage appointments intact. However, it also boasts a number of modern enhancements to suit the demands of contemporary players.
If you prefer lightweight guitars, you'll love this. A Poplar body gives the Squier FSR Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar a forgiving weight, making it an excellent live workhorse without sacrificing tone. This balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the Jaguar's sweet-sounding single-coil pickups.
A bolt-on Maple neck adheres to the classic Fender formula, giving notes a fast and immediate attack. Shaped to a "C” profile, the FSR Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar strikes the perfect balance between a modern and old-school feel.
The tasteful Indian Laurel fingerboard provides a silky-smooth touch under the fingers, with the 9.5" fingerboard radius and 'Narrow Tall' frets keeping traditionalists happy without alienating today's generation. The Jaguar's 24" scale length is also worthy of note, giving the strings a slinkier feel and bringing the frets closer together. This makes the Jaguar very easy to play, which is why so many adore this offset Fender classic.
The Squier FSR Classic Vibe '70s Jaguar achieves its jangly voice from its Fender-designed alnico single-coil pickups. With a punchy and articulate character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings but also sound dynamic and potent with overdrive. The various switches allow you to experiment with different tones and combinations too!
- 100% designed by Fender
- Inspired by 1970s-era Jaguar models
- Fender-designed alnico pickups
- Vintage-tint gloss neck finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rod: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls: Circuit Selector Switch, Rhythm Circuit Volume and Tone, Lead Circuit Volume and Tone, Pickup On/Off Switches, Tone Circuit Switch
- Pickup Switching: Neck pickup only (rhythm circuit); neck only, neck and bridge, bridge only (lead circuit)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)