Here’s what Jackson says about the X Series Dinky Arch Top DKAF7 MS:
Shred in ergonomic comfort and style with the Jackson X Series Dinky™ Arch Top DKAF7 MS. A high-performance evolution of the electric guitar, this 7-string multi-scale model unlocks the possibilities of an instrument by accommodating two scale lengths on one fingerboard, thus improving overall playing comfort while improving tension and intonation.
The DKAF7 MS features a 25.5"-27" multi-scale length, mahogany Dinky™ body with an arched top, one-piece bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and offset dot inlays, Jackson die-cast tuners and 4x3 AT-1 headstock.
Dual Jackson uncovered 7-string blade humbucking pickups in the bridge and neck power this metal beast and can be shaped by a three-way toggle switch and single volume and tone controls.
To help improve intonation, the guitar has been equipped with Jackson designed individual bridge saddles, staggered to accommodate for the two scale lengths.
- Body Style: Dinky™
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Offset White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® 4x3 AT-1 (4 Over/3 Under)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5"-27" Multi-Scale (648 mm-686 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Staggered Individual Saddles
- Pickups: Jackson® Uncovered 7-String Blade Humbucking (Bridge), Jackson® Uncovered 7-String Blade Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.054 Gauges