The Kelly has become a cornerstone of the Jackson range since its introduction in the 1980s. Popularised by the likes of Marty Friedman (Megadeth), it exudes attitude whilst being extremely versatile in its design.
Classic wood combination
Combining a basswood body with a mahogany top, you'll find that the Kelly is typically lightweight to play whilst being extremely resonant and full of sustain.
The mahogany also gives it a surprisingly natural aesthetic, which contrasts perfectly with the striking body shape. The curves and cutaways don't only look great - they give the guitar amazing ergonomic value, allowing you to easily access the higher frets for fast-paced lead work.
Utilising Jackson's innovative compound radius fingerboard, you'll find this guitar's playability to be smooth and responsive. Coupled with the carefully engineered cutaways, easy and swift access to every part of the neck is guaranteed.
They've utilised a 1-piece maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint design, ensuring intonation stability and a little bit of extra sparkle in your sound.
Jackson have employed their go-to high output humbuckers for the Kelly, so you can attain that classic Jackson tone that helped put them on the map. A three-way switch and volume and tone controls give you all the shaping tools you need - harness this classic tone for yourself!
- Equipped with a pair of Jackson High Output Humbucking pickups
- Basswood body, topped with mahogany offers stunning aesthetics and lightweight properties
- Iconic Kelly body shape offers ultimate access to the whole fingerboard
- One-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement rods
- 12”-16” compound radius bound rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets
- Pearloid Sharkfin inlays across the fingerboard offer stunning aesthetics
- Jackson Radius Compensated TOM Style Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece
- Classic angled headstock offers better string tension for the ultimate performance
- Series: X Series
- Body Top: Mahogany
- Body Back: Basswood
- Body Shape: Kelly
- Body Binding: 1-Ply White
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Colour: Natural Mahogany
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Painted
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12'' to 16'' Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 42.86mm
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson High Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson High Output Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: Jackson Radius Compensated TOM Style Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Control knobs: Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Case: None