Jackson SLX Soloist Electric Guitar in Snow White
The Jackson X Series Soloist SLX is a Jackson thouroughbred metal and rock guitar. The Basswood body provides the meaty grunt of the tone while the maple through-body neck adds the defintion and bite that add up to a killer acoustic tone. Then you feed it to the Duncan Designed alnico HB102s and stand well back as they dish out some of the gnarliest, ballsy rock and metal tones in the world. There's a reason Jackson guitars are the go to for heavy rock and metal sounds and the X Series Soloist is no exception.
But buying a guitar that's right for you isn't just about the sound, the feel is important too and Jackson have considered that carefully by including a compound radius rosewood fingerboard that starts at the nut with a 12" radius perfect for riffs and chords while as the fingerboard gets closer to the body it flattens out to a 16" radius which is pretty much as flat as a pancake, perfect for shredding, fast solos and flawless bends.
Finished in Snow White for a high contrast look.
Here's what Jackson say about the Soloist SLX
New Jackson X Series guitars are loaded with purebred Jackson DNA-neck-through-body construction, hot humbucking pickups, bound compound-radius fingerboards with our distinctive shark-fin inlays, and stunning finishes. Classic Jackson models imbued with the X factor, with fantastic tone, ultra-fast playability and unbelievable value for 21st century guitarists. The Jackson Soloist SLX has a basswood body, through-body maple neck and Duncan Designed alnico HB102N (neck) and high-output ceramic HB102B (bridge) humbucking pickups. Its bound compound-radius rosewood fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out. Other features include a Floyd Rose Special double-locking two-point tremolo, 24 jumbo frets and three-way pickup switching. Available in Black, Kawasabi Green, Natural and Snow White.
- Series: X Series
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Wood: Basswood
- Body Finish: (503,569) Gloss Polyester, (576) Gloss Polyurethane
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6 In-Line
- Neck: Maple, Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Tilt-Back Scarf Joint Headstock
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4mm)
- Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Pickups: Duncan Designed HB-102B Humbucking Bridge Pickup
- Duncan Designed HB-102N Humbucking Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Unique Features: Through-Body neck construction, Floyd Rose Special Bridge,
- Duncan Designed HB-102-B and HB-102N Pickups