Jackson's Pro series of guitars are made for the musician that wants a real workhorse guitar with top grade hardware no matter if that is to use in the studio or live. The Monarkh SC is the top of the new singlecut line and it is pushing out some great tones with a pair of Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups.
The Monarkh is the latest new body shape from the guys at Jackson which certainly has an interesting take on the classic singlecut style design. It is thinner, more aggressive and offers much better upper fret access than its traditional brother but without losing that classic look we all know and love.
Made out of Mahogany and topped with Maple you get the classic snap of the more known singlecuts that helps you really cut through a mix while soloing and offers a fast attack for metal rhythm.
Seymour Duncan Blackout Pickups
The goal with these pickups is to offer the high gain output we all think of when we talk about active pickups but with the response of a passive pickup. This means a much more natural sound without that midrange harshness that we normally associate with active pickups.
Great for every style of hard rock and metal the Blackouts are aggressive tone machines that work amazingly well when pushed through a high gain amplifier with plenty of overdrive.
Here's what Jackson say about the Monarkh SC
Brimming with technology and style, the Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC is an amped-up, hot-rodded metal machine, aimed at the demanding player who needs a no-compromise performer. Enjoy unparalleled consistency and tonal variety at any volume level, from the quietest whisper to a mighty roar, while experiencing the bleeding edge of modern guitar craftsmanship and construction.
Contemporary guitarists require tonal versatility and punchy clarity to keep pace with the rapid twists and turns of modern metal. A pair of Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1 active humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions provide all the aggression you'll ever need, throwing out a hotter-than-average signal with up to 14dB less noise-perfect for driving high gain amplifiers with thick, grunting distortion. The active preamp was deliberately engineered for high performance, as is the 12"-16" compound radius fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets for Jackson's familiar effortless playing feel. The one-piece maple neck capped with Jackson's 3x3 AT-1 headstock conceals a pair of graphite reinforcement rods, providing stiffness and high stability, guarding against temperature- and humidity-induced bending and warping. The Jackson fully adjustable radius compensated bridge creates perfect intonation along the entire length of the neck to ensure complex chords ring true while the anchored tailpiece and Jackson die-cast locking tuning machines work in harmony for tuning stability that can withstand a good pick-hand thrashing without shifting.
Clothed in classic Jackson style, the Pro SC wears brooding black three-ply body binding and hardware, including the Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons, master volume and tone controls and plastic nut, while the stark white single-ply neck binding creates an elegant contrast with the ebony fingerboard. A sophisticated riffing machine, the Pro Series Monarkh SC springs forth from the fine minds of Jackson's engineers ready to respond to your every musical command.
- Model Name: Pro Series Monarkh SC, Ebony Fingerboard, Quilt Maple Top, Transparent Purple Burst
- Model Number: 2916902592
- Series: Pro Series
- Color: Transparent Purple Burst
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Body Binding: 3-ply
- Body Material: Mahogany with Arched Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Set-Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 4 mm Hex
- Headstock: Jackson 3+3 AT-1
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Position Inlays: Outline Pearloid Ghostfins
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Special Electronics: Active Electronics
- Bridge: Jackson Compensated and Adjustable Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Die-Cast Locking
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges