Here's what Jackson says about the MJ Series Dinky DKR:
Harkening back to the early ‘90s when import Jackson guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we introduce the all-new Jackson MJ Series — an exciting and innovative collection of instruments attentively crafted in Japan. The MJ Series combines Jackson’s world-renowned legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-tier features at a competitive price point.
Engineered from its inception for high-speed, virtuoso playing, the MJ Series Dinky DKR features an ergonomically contoured alder body with sculpted shredder’s cut heel for easy access to the upper registers. The attractive five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck is bolted-on to the body with graphite reinforcement for added stability against climate-induced warping and has an oiled finish on the back for smooth playability.
Featuring rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing on the upper registers and comfortable chord work closer toward the nut. For touring musicians, Luminlay glow-in the-dark side dots provide exceptional fretboard guidance even on the darkest of stages while a heel-mount truss rod wheel allows for quick and easy neck relief adjustments.
DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 and DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151 pickups provide a tried-and-true high-output combo, delivering a perfect blend of power and tone. The standard for kicking a tube amp into total overdrive, the Super Distortion humbucking bridge pickup bolsters tone with rich, intense mids, big lows and fat highs, while the PAF Pro neck humbucking pickup retains its “PAF”-style presence when ran through high-gain amps, and punches hard with snappy lows, spiked mid-range and crisp highs without becoming brittle. Harness the sonic horsepower with a versatile five-way pickup blade switch and single volume and tone controls. Other premium features include a Gotoh GE1996T Series double-locking tremolo bridge system for reliable tuning stability throughout daring and aggressive playing theatrics, Gotoh sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons.
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Yellow Sharkfin at 12th Fret
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose R3 Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Headstock Binding: Black
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Pickups, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Bridge: Gotoh GE1996T Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson Foam Core Case