Jackson's JS series has for a long time been the go to line for guitarists who want to get great high speed metal tones but on a tight budget. Now the JS32 Kelly is better than ever with hot hardware and some new design features that make it just a much better experience.
The Kelly Body
Originally designed in the 1980's the Kelly was made specifically for the guitarist of Australian Metal band Heaven...turns out that he wasn't the best draw for a new model. But when Marty Friedman started using one a lot in the 90's it picked up popularity and the Jackson Kelly as we know it today became a go to in the world of metal.
Using a Poplar body bolted on to a string 1 piece Maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement this guitar is strong enough to take years of playing and sound great while doing it.
The key to a great playing guitar is a well crafted neck. Depending on the style you play you will want different things. If you want to play blues, rock or jazz styles then a larger, smooth neck will feel great but if you want to play high speed, all out, shredtastic metal then the JS32 Kelly has the slim, fast neck that will suit what you want to play.
Jackson High Output Pickups
This pickups in this guitar have been designed by Jackson to offer the highest amount of gain possible without making it quite a bit more expensive. These work really well with high gain sounds on your amp for metal, hard rock, punk and similar styles.
- Body Shape: Kelly
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Neck Plate: Jackson
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson High Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson High Output Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Licensed Jackson Double Locking Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Unique Features: White Binding on Neck and Headstock, Black Hardware and "Zebra" Style Pickup Covers