Ibanez Jem 777 30th Anniversary J Custom Lochness Green
The Jem777 is a limited edition, one-off run of the incredile Steve Vai Jem signature model. Complete with the Monkey grip handle, DiMarzio evolution pickups and a semi-scalloped fretboard (only the 21st to 24th frets are scalloped).
The first thing you'll notice is the bright neon finish that's as big and bold as Steve Vai's guitar playing! This limited colour looks like it's come straight out of the 80s but with all of the modern treatment that'll make this one rocking guitar.
A Little Bit Different
There are a few key tweaks that have been made to this guitar that make it a different beast than you may be used to out of the Steve Vai series. The maple fretboard on top of a 5 piece maple/walnut neck matches the American basswood body well to create an acoustic sound that is focused and bright. To make sure it doesn't get too bright when running through your amplifier this model has the DiMarzio Evolution in the neck and bridge position. These pickups are fierce and bright with loads of low-end punch to cover any style of music.
Hardware That Lasts
At no point in their range do Ibanez skimp out on the hardware. From the 6105 frets that have been finished with Ibanez's Prestige fret edge treatment that rounds the edges for smoother playing, to the Edge tremolo every part of this guitar has been meticulously chosen. This means that you can rely on this guitar night after night.
Here's what Ibanez say about the Jem 777 30th Anniversary J Custom
STEVE VAI, IBANEZ AND THE JEMThe 1987 Chicago NAMM Show marked the introduction of the Steve Vai-designed JEM guitars and constituted a major turning point in the fortunes of Ibanez and the development of the electric guitar. The JEM, with its cutting edge floating tremolo and monkey grip, took off like a rocket. Ibanez was finally viewed as an important innovator and there would be no looking back. 30 years later, the JEM has become an iconic image in the world of guitar and, for over a decade, its sister model, the RG, is second in worldwide sales only to the Fender Stratocaster. Ibanez is very pleased to celebrate this 30-year milestone in the ever-evolving and fruitful collaboration with Steve Vai.
- Disappearing Pyramid inlay
- Monkey Grip - One of the most recognizable features on the fantastic JEM: Steve Vai's signature monkey grip. Crank your amp up, grab that baby and hold on for dear life.
- DiMarzio Evolution - Steve Vai's Signature features DiMarzio Evolution humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions and a DiMarzio Evolution single coil in the middle position for a wide array of rock tones.
- Edge Tremolo - JEM777 will let you scream or moan with the Edge bridge and groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity, allowing pitches to be radically raised or lowered without obstruction.
- Scalloped Fretboard on 21-24 Frets
- JEM 30th Anniversary logo
- Neck type JEM 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- Body Basswood body
- Fretboard Maple fretboard w/Disappearing Pyramid inlay
- Fret W/6105 frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Bridge Edge tremolo bridge
- Neck pickup DiMarzio® Evolution® (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Middle pickup DiMarzio® Evolution® (S) middle pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge pickup DiMarzio® Evolution® (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Factory tuning 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- String gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Hardware color Cosmo black
- Case/bag Hardshell case included
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 18mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 20mm at 12F
- Radius : 430mmR