The Gibson Custom Shop teased a double cut guitar at a trade show recently and after receiving an insane amount of attention online, they've released the Custom Shop Double Cut.
It's got the standard Gibson 24.75" scale length but with 24 frets for a 2 octave range. And the double cutaway makes upper fret access easy. Apart from the new look and the incredible colours available, this is a limited Gibson guitar. But it retains the much-loved Mahogany back and Maple top formula with the sweet-sounding 57 Classic pickups.
So whilst the guitar might look like a completely new shape, it does still have that incredible Gibson grunt and punch that you'd expect.
Medium-C Shaped neck
The medium C shaped neck fits comfortably in the hand and unlike a Les Paul, the Gibson Double Cut has 24 frets for all your soloing needs. The Custom Shop has also rolled the fret edges so that the guitar feels like it's been played in with no spiky fret edges to cut into your hand.
Here's what Gibson say about the Custom Shop Double Cut
The Modern Double Cut Standard from Gibson Custom combines new thinking and proven design in one beautifully crafted guitar.
Features include a first-of-its-kind swept neck heel that allows easy access to all 24 frets, an extra-long neck tenon to maximize sustain, a sleek new Apex headstock carve for strength and durability and a perfectly-balanced, contoured double-cutaway profile. All of this adds up to a bold new Gibson Custom instrument destined to become a player favorite.
Series: Modern Double Cut
- Material 1 Piece Mahogany
- Neck Profile Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length 24.75", 62.86cm
- Fingerboard Solid Rosewood
- Body Material Solid Mahogany Body, 2 Piece Maple Top
- Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Hardware Finish Nickel
- Bridge ABR-1
- Tailpiece Stop Bar
- Neck Pickup 57 Classic
- Bridge Pickup 57 Classic Plus
- Controls 1 500K CTS Volume Pot, 1 500K CTS Tone Pot, Hand-Wired Harness, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Case Black Hard Shell Custom Shop
- Collateral Gibson Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity