Jerry Cantrell is arguably one of the most influential guitarists of the last 30 years. Pioneering Seattle grunge back in the early ‘90s, Cantrell continues to tour the world with Alice in Chains with his trusted G&L Rampage guitar. Now the Californian-based company have introduced the versatile Superhawk to the range.
The Superhawk instruments present a more modern take on a legendary design, maintaining the Rampage formula but adding an extra neck humbucker for greater versatility.
With a “superstrat” vibe, the G&L Jerry Cantrell Signature models feature Soft Maple bodies; a relatively unusual tonewood choice. Emitting a bright sound, this allows the Rampage guitars to really cut through in live or studio mixes. The Superhawk features a Flamed Maple veneer, conveying a classier look and sweetens the top-end tones even more so.
Paired with a Hard Rock Maple neck, that unmistakable snap is accentuated further, adorned with sleek Ebony fretboards to add some darkness and warmth.
Electronics & Hardware
G&L’s Superhawk instruments are more traditional the the Rampage, featuring a tamer set of Paul Gagon-designed humbuckers. With slightly less output, having a pair of humbuckers as opposed to one gives you extended tonal flexibility, making the Superhawk far more versatile. Also featuring G&L’s ‘Saddle-Lock’ bridge, this instrument has excellent sustain and comfort.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Paul Gagon designed humbuckers
- BODY WOOD: Soft Maple with Flame Maple veneer
- BODY FINISH: Blueburst
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Ebony fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Clear Satin back with Black headstock
- NECK PROFILE: G&L custom profile with 12" radius and 1 3/4" nut-width
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock™
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone