EVH Wolfgang Signature Ebony Fretboard Stealth
Here's what EVH say
EVH brings you the Wolfgang® USA Edward Van Halen Signature model, loaded with Eddie Van Halen’s most up-to-date specs along with the classic looks and behemoth sound you’ve come to expect.
The basswood body features a big-leaf maple top and five-ply binding, while the bolt-on quartersawn maple neck is sculpted to Eddie’s precise specs, with graphite reinforcement and a hand-rubbed back finish for smooth, fast playability. The compound-radius (12”-16”) ebony fingerboard has 22 vintage stainless steel frets, pearloid (Ivory finish) or dot (Stealth finish) inlays, and a convenient heel-mounted truss rod adjustment wheel.
Experience scorching and well-balanced tone with a custom-wound alnico 2 EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucker in the bridge and a newly added alnico 3 custom-wound EVH® Wolfgang Humbucker in the neck, both controlled by a special reverse oriented three-way toggle switch. Stutter-stop à la “You Really Got Me” with the red-button killswitch and play “Cathedral” without any crackle or pop, courtesy of the EVH High Friction (Tone) Pot and an EVH “HPU” or High Performance Upgrade, custom-made Low Friction (Volume) Pot.
Sturdy and steadfast, the EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking tremolo provides endless sustain and precise tuning regardless of how many dive bombs you rip or how drastically you attack your whammy-bar. The EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger, with a low-friction volume control for smooth swells and a high-friction tone control that prevents accidental tone shifting. Boasts elegant and classic style in Ivory or Stealth with chrome hardware, black speed knobs and dog leash strap/eye-bolt clasps. Hardshell EVH Striped SKB case and EVH leather strap included.
- Series: USA Signature Series
- Body Material: Basswood with Big Leaf Maple Top
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane (868), Gloss Urethane (849)
- Neck: Wolfgang Backshape, .805” @ 3rd Fret / .890” @ 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Vintage Stainless
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot (868), Pearloid Block (849)
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded
- Scale Length: 25.5” (64.8 cm)
- Pickup Switching: EVH Reverse-Style 3-Position Switching: Position 1: Neck Pickup,
- Position 2: Neck and Bridge, Position 3:Bridge
- Controls: EVH® BI Tech HPU Low Friction Volume, EVH® Bourns High
- Friction Tone
- Control Knobs: Black “Speed” Knobs
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Locking, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Pickups: EVH® Wolfgang AL2 Humbucker (Bridge)
- EVH® Wolfgang AL3 Humbucker (Neck)