EVH Stripe Series Star Guitar with EVH D-Tuner
Please note: This guitar does not ship to countries outside of the EU due to the CITES restrictions. Please click here to read about the CITES laws affecting guitars with Rosewood fretboards.
The EVH Stripe Series Star is a truly distinctive rock machine. Built to take a serious thrashing its ideal for all your heavy rock needs. EVH guitars always catch people’s attention, designed after the original black and white stripe axe swung by Eddie in his earlier days it has a gloss finished and a hand rubbed urethane neck
Built for Rock
Everything about the EVH Star is designed for heavy rock playing. The neck is graphite reinforced quartersawn wood, this means it can take the thickest of strings without warping. If you really like to dig in on heavy gauge strings it’s great. The Star also comes with an EVH D-Tuna, a switch which drops you into drop D Tuning instantly. No need to change guitars onstage or spend those agonising seconds tuning down in front of everyone.
The compound radius neck is great for lead or chords, whether you’re soloing or playing rhythm this guitar is comfortable to play.
It took over 80 prototypes in the development process before Eddie approved these humbucking pickups for the EVH Wolfgang guitar. They are well balanced and able to deliver serious overdrive and sustain without sacrificing the ability to clean up magnificently and articulate the cleanest passages when the volume is rolled down.
Here’s what EVH have to say about the Stripe Series star
With its distinctive body shape and black-and white gloss "1980 Invasion" graphic finish, the EVH Star model is without question one of the most eye-catching guitars in the Stripe Series line-up. First seen during the "1980 Invasion" tour, there’s nothing alien about the rest of this high-performance tone machine, either, with its sleek Star basswood body, rock-solid quarter-sawn maple neck with a hand-rubbed urethane finish, fast and smooth compound radius rosewood fingerboard (12”-16”) with comfortably rolled edges and 22 jumbo frets, single ferocious EVH direct-mount pickup with single black plastic control knob (master volume), EVH Floyd Rose® bridge and locking nut, and EVH tuners.
- Series: Stripe Series
- Body Material: Basswood
- Neck: 1-Piece Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" to 16" (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm) Compound Radius
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- String Nut: EVH-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Headstock: 3+3
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: EVH-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®
- Tuning Machines: EVH Die-Cast
- Pickup: EVH Cream-Colored Wolfgang Humbucking (Bridge)
- Controls: Volume
- Control Knob: One Black Plastic "Tone" Knob
- Other Features: EVH Neckplate, Bar String Retainer, Thumb Wheel Truss Rod Adjustment, Vintage- Style Strap Buttons