Epiphone Tommy Thayer "White Lightning" Explorer OutfitLimited Edition Signature Model
Tommy Thayer, the man perhaps better known as The Spaceman, has been a long-time collaborator with Epiphone guitars. Providing the sparkly riffage for glam-rock titans KISS is a demanding job, and he's teamed up with Epiphone once again to create another eye-popping instrument!
The White Lightning
In 2014, Epiphone released the White Lightning Les Paul. Now, Thayer has opted for something with a little added attitude!
The White Lightning Explorer boasts similar materials, including a mahogany double-whammy for the body and the neck. This, along with a lush rosewood fingerboard, ensures soaring sustain. As with his Les Paul model, the slim-taper D-profile neck arrangement gives you playability, perfect for your slick riffing and spacious leads alike.
Loaded with a duo of legendary Seymour Duncan JB humbuckers, this instrument is designed to pack a sonic punch. The bridge position is left uncovered to provide the ideal amount of gritty attitude, whereas the neck position pickup is chrome covered. This allows you to attain a unique, full-bodied resonance with bundles of rock'n'roll sheen.
You might argue that KISS are just as recognisable in appearance as they are in sound! The same could be said for Thayer's uniquely striking guitars, and Epiphone have pulled out all of the stops for the Explorer Edition.
The custom metallic white finish will have you turning heads effortlessly, and the Chrome-finished PVC pickguard just oozes glam-rock attitude. 7-ply binding and gleaming nickel hardware complete the picture - and the picture is gloriously decadent!
With the White Lightning Explorer, you also get a custom white hardcase and a studded leather strap included - everything you need to rock and roll every night AND party every day!
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960s Slim Taper™, D-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Mortise & Tenon
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Chrome, Metal: Engraved "Tommy Thayer"
- Nut: White, Imitation Bone
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbucker, Covered w/Chrome Mounting Ring
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbucker, Open-Coil w/White Bobbins
- Controls: Epiphone All-Metal 3-Way Pickup Selector w/Chrome Cap and Metal Washer, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, Tone
- Binding: Body Top: 7-Ply, Fingerboard: 1-Ply
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, Medium-Jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Mini-Grover® Rotomatics™, 18:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: PVC, Chrome
- Knobs: White "Top Hats" w/Metal Pointers
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty w/Chrome Metal Jack Plate
- Includes: Custom "White" Hard Case, Inspired by Custom Studded Leather Strap, Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity in Presentation Binder