This guitar is in good condition with poor filling on fretboard (see images).
PLEASE NOTE: This item may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
The ML1 Modern is a dual humbucker rock guitar that can cover a lot of different styles. The Ebony fretboard gives your notes clarity and the smooth feeling neck makes it easy to go from lead to rhythm and between with ease. The string-through bridge will make the body resonate more giving you more attack and more sustain and even better tuning stability.
The pickups on-board are 2 Chapman Sonorous Zero humbuckers which were designed to give you a powerful, but clear sound. They can be used for every style of music from blues to classic rock to metal and beyond.
The ML1 also has rolled fretboard edges which involves smoothing out any fret edges so that the instrument feels 'played in' even when it's brand new. This process makes the neck much more comfortable to hold and play.
History of the Chapman Guitars
Back in 2009 Rob Chapman came up with the idea of collaboratively designing a guitar with his YouTube fans – over 5000 fans took part in a series of votes to decide on body style, neck profile, headstock shape, pickups and colours, and the original ML-1 was born. Originally made in China & sold as a limited edition one of run in matt black, the ML-1 sold out within 2-3 months & left 100s of fans disappointed that they didn't get one. In 2010 Rob underwent the same process to design the ML-2 – a single cut, double humbucker guitar that again sold out within 2-3 weeks of arrival. In 2012 Rob decided to take the Chapman guitar brand up market, and moved the production to Korea.
The new factory introduced some new features, improved the build quality, and added new colours to the original ML designs. At the NAMM 2017 it was announced that the Chapman range would be split into 2. The Pro series are still built at the same factory in South Korea with a higher spec than before taking these instruments to new heights. And the Standard series guitars are built in Indonesia retaining the same ethos of the current Chapman range, though more affordable.
An easy way to tell the difference between the ranges is by looking at the fretboard. The standard range has got fretboard marker inlays along the fretboard, while the pro series does not.
Here's what Chapman say about the ML1 Modern
A perfect blend of maple and mahogany, the ML1 Modern is the answer to your every day, multi-genre requirements. Design features such as a lightweight mahogany body, an upper access spoon cut and specially-voiced Chapman Sonorous Zerø pickups really show an attention to detail worthy of even the most discerning of players.
Available in Lunar and Midnight Sky, the ML1 Modern comes complete with a Chapman Deluxe gig bag - apologies to your neighbours and our utmost respect.
- Model: Ml1 modern lunar
- Model: code Ml1-mod-lnr
- Series: Standard series
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with velute
- Top: Flame maple veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq xl nut
- Strings: D'addario nyxl nickel wound super light, 09-42
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker
- Magnet: ceramic output: 10.5k ohms
- Bridge: pickup Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker
- Magnet: ceramic output: 12.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons
- Case: Chapman deluxe gig bag