N.B. This guitar does not come with a case. They are available separately here.
The Duesenberg Double Cat combines art deco stylings, vintage sounds and a modern feel. The semi hollow body gives you great resonance while the design of the bridge means you get fantastic sustain. Each string can be individually fine tuned at the saddle so you can get your ideal action all across the fretboard. To protect this guitar Duesenberg do a custom fit case, available here
Great Tonal Variety
With a Domino P90 pickup in the neck and a vintage Humbucker at the bridge this guitar is great for lead and rhythm. The hollow body gives you great resonance and sustain while the alder and maple construction means this guitar has great mid range punch. The maple neck and smooth rosewood fretboard on this guitar are comfortable to play and is great for both chords and lead lines.
Duesenberg really know how to create stunning musical equipment. The finish on this guitar is flawless, the combination of a sunburst finish with a cream pickguard is bold and stylish, it has a stunning colour and looks amazing. With Nickel hardware and a smooth gloss lacquer this is really a great looking piece.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Double Cat
With the Double Cat Series, sleek double cutaway design meets unusual – but typical for Duesenberg – Art Deco style. Several other Duesenberg innovations further set this guitar apart from all the rest: Z Tuners, special pickups and electronics, Deluxe Tremola, and more. An F-hole with classic cat-eye styling enhances the Double Cat’s semi-hollow alder body, which sports a maple top. This Duesenberg’s Domino P90 pickup and Grand Vintage humbucker also bring to the scene perfect, full-bodied sound, which – compared to the Starplayer TV – is both a bit more wiry and somewhat more raw.
The twelve string Double Cat comes with a stop-tailpiece, as well as a bridge with twelve individually adjustable string saddles made out of steel.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05"
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95"
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black veneer
- Type: solid American alder with sound chambers
- Top: laminated maple
- Size: 47 x 34 x 4,5 cm / 18.5" x 13.35" x 1.75"
- Binding: cream with 3-layer purfling
- Pickguard: cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge:aluminum stop tailpiece
- Tremelo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola (6-string)
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)