DV Mark Guitar Friend 12 Combo Guitar Amp
DV Mark are well known for having a completely different take on guitar amplifiers compared to the rest of the industry. While everyone else is looking for that 'pure valve tone' whether that be through real valves, solid state or digital amps they are all after one thing. Meanwhile DV Mark and their Guitar Friend 12 amplifier are creating a whole new experience with a lightweight solid state combo with its own unique character.
Only The Best
The goal for FV Mark amps was never to recreate the classic valve amp tone. No instead they look at how to get the most versatile, giggable amps on the planet with a tone that can match up to anything else on the market. Even when they focus on classic and modern valve like sounds they still spend the time on the whole package including the weight, response, tone and versatility of the amp.
When making any guitar amp you always have to worry about size and weight. Make it to small and you can end up with a thin, boxy sound with pin sharp high end. Make it too big and your end up needing a small road crew just to get from gig to gig. The Guitar Frienc hits that perfect point of being small enough to carry around but powerful enough to create a great classic rock tone.
Weighing in at just 8.7kg this little amplifier can easily be taken on any kind of public transport along with your guitar and leads. No longer do you need to rely on house or studio amps to get your tone when you can take this with you.
50W of Power
Normally when you say 50w of power on a solid state amp people think that you can't gig it...not true with the Guitar Friend 12. Using MPT or Mark Proprietary Technology they have a 50w power amp that is seriously loud and gives you the best possible respose from your guitar.
This little guy can very easily carry your tone loud enough to be heard in a band up until the point where you will be miking up the kit anyway to get the most out of the PA.
Great At Home
Because it uses this MPT power amp you can easily turn it down for use at home. You even have a headphone out and XLR Line out so you can plug it in to your practice rig at home for silent practice and recording.
Classic Rock Tones
The tones coming out of the Guitar Friend 12 are certainly something from the world of classic rock. With two channels that can go from crystal clean to a decent amount of overdrive respectively you can easily cover most kinds of blues, rock and even hard rock with a good boost pedal in the front end.
- Power output: 50W @ 8ohm / 60W @ 4ohm
- Preamp: Solid State
- Power Amp: MPT (Mark Proprietary Technology)
- Channels: two (clean / lead)
- Controls (clean ch): Level / EQ: bass-mid-high
- Controls (lead ch): Level / Drive / EQ: bass-high
- Effect: Reverb
- Speaker outputs: 4 ohms minimum load
- Speaker size:
- one 1x12" DV Mark Custom
- Speaker Power Handling / Impedance:
- 150W RMS (AES Standard) / 8 ohms
- Other Features: Footswitch input for channels switch, AUX IN, Headphone OUT, XLR Line OUT with GND Lift, Dual Voltage selector 120V/240V
- Dimensions (W/H/D): 16.73" / 42.5 cm | 16.34" / 41.5 cm | 11.61" / 29.5 cm
- Weight: 19.18 lbs / 8.7 Kg
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.