We have been really impressed by friedman amps. Each one has it's own character and tone that sets these hand wired gems apart from the wide range of units available on the market.
The Dirty Shirley is a chunky, fat sounding little amp with great gain response that's perfect for driving rock tones. Also available as a 40watt head with 1x12 cab option.
Voicing Toggle Switch
The small toggle switch on the front will change the voicing of the amp. The 3 voicings available are:
- Low gain - Think Plexi-style vintage gain territory
- Mid gain - Typical PT20 tone, or a lot like a JCM-type gain sound
- High gain - Very similar to the famous Friedman BE100
The new voicing switch was created so that you can make the most out of the amp in studio or live. If you like running the gain from the amp then the BE100 setting would perfect. But if you prefer to cook the amp with some drive pedals in the front, use the middle position for a Plexi-style voicing. The positions look as follows:
- Toggle in the middle: Plexi
- Toggle in the left position: JCM
- Toggle in the right position: BE100
Here's what Friedman have to say about this amp
Dave Friedman’s Dirty Shirley Mini is a 20 Watt Head version of the popular full sized Dirty Shirley which was designed for guitarists that want a vintage “Classic Rock” tone inspired by British tube amps from the 60’s and 70’s but in a compact size and weight.
The Dirty Shirley Mini is fueled by a pair of EL84 power tubes and includes a three position gain structure switch. This little beast delivers vintage crunch and cleans up nicely by simply backing off the guitar’s volume knob. Extremely versatile, this amp is capable of producing many styles of music from blues to rock and country by adjusting the gain knob, structure switch and master controls.
The Dirty Shirley Mini was designed to take pedals well and loves boosts, OD’s, phasers, flangers, tremolos, wahs. The brand new ultra transparent series effects loop takes time-based effects pedals and rack units equally well. The handcrafted in USA Dirty Shirley Mini features beautiful black tolex, tongue and groove Baltic Birch construction and built to withstand the rigors of the road.
- Hand-wired in the USA
- 20-Watt all tube head
- Single channel
- 2 x EL84 power tubes
- 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Gain, Master Volume, Bass, Middle and Treble
- Three position gain structure switch
- Ultra transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance selector switch
- Custom USA made transformers
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Dimensions: 8.25" (D) x 18.25" (W) x 8.5" (H)
- Weight: 20.5 lbs