Here's what Ernie Ball Music Man say about their StingRay Special Bass
First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago, featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever-popular Music Man humbucker -- all of which combine to produce a look, feel, and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
- Material: Select Hardwoods
- Pickguard: Black
- Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Construction: Bolt On - 5 bolts, Sculpted Neck joint
- Material: Roasted Maple
- Nut Width: 1-11/16" (42.86 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 11"
- Frets: 22 - High Profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 34"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Headstock: Natural
Hardware & Electronics
- Tuners: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: .045, .065, .080, .100 (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Pickup: Humbucker with Neodymium magnets
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass