The Fullerton Standard is the heartbeat of G&L. Made in the Californian Fullerton factory, Standard basses offer prestigious build quality, classic tone and professional finish. This sets the bar high.
They’ve packed the LB-100 with all the features you’d expect from a bass steeped in history, plus the added innovations of Leo Fender, one of the best luthiers to have ever lived.
Body & Neck
Made of an Alder body and hard rock Maple neck, this classic combination offers excellent balance and high quality ergonomic feel. The neck has comfy medium ‘C’ shape and 9.5” radius you’ll be accustomed to from other vintage style basses.
On top, you have a beautiful Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard embedded with super smooth Jescar 18% nickel silver frets.
If we were to highlight anything G&L excelled it, it would be monster tone. Before Leo Fender’s passing, he designed a number of forward-thinking pickups that reduced hum, background noise and promoted punchy, bright frequencies.
The LB-100 is equipped with a split coil jazz pickup wound in-house. This offers a classic thundering boom and aggressive attack.
G&L hardware really does stand out among the rest. The Ultra-Lite tuners keep the headstock lightweight and the whole instrument balanced.
The Saddle Lock bridge could definitely survive a nuclear winter. It holds excellent tuning, transfers string vibration through the body immaculately still provides a comfortable resting platform for the right hand.
- Pickups: One G&L vintage Alnico split-coil pickup
- Body wood: Alder
- Neck wood: Hard Rock Maple w/ Caribbean Rosewood
- Neck profile: G&L 1 5/8" Medium C with 9 1/2" radius
- Frets: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Tuning keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Electronics: Dual volume controls, one tone control
- Case: deluxe G&L gig bag