The Fender Tele Deluxe is beloved by many for taking the look and feel of a Telecaster and adding powerful humbuckers into the mix. Perfect for people who require a thicker or more aggressive sound, the Tele Deluxe has become a Fender mainstay. This limited edition made in Japan model puts an added twist on things with the addition of a Strat-style trem opening up the ability add some vibrato to your playing.
Body and Neck
The body and neck are in line with the traditional Tele formula. This guitar pairs an alder body with a maple neck and tops it off with a maple/rosewood fingerboard. The neck has “U” shape to it which is a fairly chunky profile that comfortably fills the hand as you grip it. The fingerboard radius is a more modern-style 9.5” for comfortably fretting chords without getting in the way of soloing and string bending.
Wide Range Humbuckers
With two powerful humbuckers, the Tele Deluxe certainly doesn’t sound like a standard Telecaster. This guitar is fitted with Fender’s Wide Range humbuckers for a thicker and warmer tone. Dial things back for a smooth, rounded sound or turn it up for aggressive, higher gain tones that really take advantage of the added humbucker kick.
What separates this model from the traditional versions is the inclusion of a Strat-style tremolo bridge. This allows you to throw some vibrato into the powerful humbucking sound of the Tele Deluxe.
- Country Of Origin: Japan
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Fender® Wide Range Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Fender® Wide Range Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges