Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
Jimi Hendrix, the most legendary name in the guitar world. 50 years since his passing, Fender has paid homage to the iconic Seattle-born rocker with a Custom Shop Stratocaster based on "Izabella" - the guitar that Jimi famously played during his iconic rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" at Woodstock '69.
A Genuine Recreation
Limited to just 250 pieces worldwide, the Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster boasts a relic'd nitrocellulose finish that has been recreated with incredible accuracy; almost every ding and scratch mirrors the original.
Featuring time-honoured hardware appointments and specs, the Custom Shop Hendrix Strat is equipped with a set of hand-wound ‘69 Strat single-coil pickups that harness the essential Hendrix sound. A period-correct stripeless “‘60s Oval C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25”-radius round-lam Maple fingerboard offers a comfortable vintage feel too.
The Story Behind "Izabella"
Hendrix originally purchased "Izabella" at Manny’s Music in New York in 1968. This guitar was slightly modified to reflect Hendrix’ needs as a left-handed player, including a strap button installed on the lower horn - a feature reproduced by Fender's Custom Shop. Jimi later used the instrument at Woodstock, where he played his heavily-distorted rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" allegedly as an anti-war protest.
Other features include vintage-style “F”-stamped tuning machines, a genuine bone nut and wing string tree. This faithful recreation of "Izabella" also includes a deluxe hardshell case, custom strap, custom headband, coiled cable, commemorative booklet and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Flat Sawn Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Style
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘69 Strat Single-Coils
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell