Jimi Hendrix, the most legendary name in the guitar world. 50 years since his passing, Fender has paid homage to the iconic Seattle-born rocker with a Custom Shop Stratocaster based on "Izabella" - the guitar that Jimi famously played during his iconic rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" at Woodstock '69.
A Genuine Recreation
Limited to just 250 pieces worldwide, the Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster boasts a relic'd nitrocellulose finish that has been recreated with incredible accuracy; almost every ding and scratch mirrors the original.
Featuring time-honoured hardware appointments and specs, the Custom Shop Hendrix Strat is equipped with a set of hand-wound ‘69 Strat single-coil pickups that harness the essential Hendrix sound. A period-correct stripeless “‘60s Oval C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25”-radius round-lam Maple fingerboard offers a comfortable vintage feel too.
The Story Behind "Izabella"
Hendrix originally purchased "Izabella" at Manny’s Music in New York in 1968. This guitar was slightly modified to reflect Hendrix’ needs as a left-handed player, including a strap button installed on the lower horn - a feature reproduced by Fender's Custom Shop. Jimi later used the instrument at Woodstock, where he played his heavily-distorted rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" allegedly as an anti-war protest.
Other features include vintage-style “F”-stamped tuning machines, a genuine bone nut and wing string tree. This faithful recreation of "Izabella" also includes a deluxe hardshell case, custom strap, custom headband, coiled cable, commemorative booklet and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Flat Sawn Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Style
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘69 Strat Single-Coils
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell