This collection of guitars take their name from the beautiful Trembesi tonewood used on the back and sides of each instrument. Trembesi gives each guitar an aesthetic similar to highly-figured mahogany, yet a tonal signature closer to rosewood, framing the solid Engelmann Spruce top with a glorious warm glow.
Combined with an Ebony fretboard, Patrick James Eggle X-bracing and a Fishman INK 3 preamp and an undersaddle pickup, and you've got a performance guitar that sounds as beautiful as it looks!
Here's What Faith Say About the Trembesi Series Venus
The Venus is the now iconic shape that brought Faith Guitars to the consciousness of so many players over the years. The combination of a 15" lower bout and a slimmer depth of body looks to classic OM or Auditorium body-shapes for inspiration, and makes the Venus the perfect compromise.
It is still big enough to deliver a big acoustic performance, yet remains small enough for the player to jump around on stage with no problem.
Faith Trembesi instruments are a relatively recent addition to the Faith range. Indigenous to Indonesia – where the Faith workshops are based – this beautifully grained, exotic Trembesi wood sits comfortably between the tonal offerings of Mahogany and Rosewood.
Using Engelmann Spruce for the top and Solid Indonesian Trembesi for the back and sides, each guitar looks quite traditional until the exotic timber is revealed upon closer inspection. Trembesi series guitars will respond well to strumming and finger-style techniques alike, with the frequency curve starting high, dipping a little and rising once more toward the top. The resulting sound is remarkably loud and responsive with evenly balanced harmonics.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Trembesi
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Trembesi
- Binding: Solid Rosewood
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut/Saddle: TUSQ
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm (47mm 12str) / String Spacing 55mm (58mm 12 str)
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: Gloss Top / Satin Back and Sides
- Pickup/Preamp: Fishman INK3 Preamp with undersaddle pickup