The Epiphone Starling has all your sonic needs and playing comforts covered as a great beginner acoustic guitar. Based on the classic Gibson Hummingbird, the Starling bears plenty of resemblances to its grandfather in design and execution. The body is made of mahogany and spruce; two tried and tested woods used in guitar building for centuries.
The square shoulder acoustic shape has always been a popular choice for big strummed chords because of its unbeatable presence and sonic projection. That's exactly the type of playing you'll be getting to grips with early on in your musical journey - so why not start with the best acoustic for the style in the business!
Here's what Epiphone say about the Starling Square Shoulder Dreadnought:
The Starling is perfect for beginning players to learn guitar on, and it is available at a price point that makes it possible for everyone to afford a quality Epiphone instrument.
The back and sides are layered mahogany, while the top is layered spruce for durability and good tone. The mahogany neck has a comfortable C-shaped profile, and the Indian laurel fretboard features 20 medium jumbo frets that make it easier to press the strings down with less effort, while the 24.75” scale length results in slightly less string tension and also reduces the distance the player’s fingers have to “stretch” to form chord shapes. The pickguard features a unique and distinctive Starling graphic.
All the accessories you need are also included; an Epiphone gig bag, three picks, a strap, and even a clip-on electronic tuner.
- Body Shape: Square Shoulder Dreadnought
- Body Material: Layered Mahogany
- Top: Layered Sitka Spruce
- Back: Layered Mahogany
- Side: Layered Mahogany
- Binding: Black single ply, top and back
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: C-profile
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.01"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone® XB
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Inlays: Dots
- Joint: Glued In, Dovetail Joint
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Reverse Belly - Indian Laurel
- Saddle Material: Imitation Bone; compensated
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Premium Die-cast
- Pickguard: Starling Tear Drop with Starling graphics; Black PVC
- TrussRod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 3-ply Epiphone bullet with E logo
- Bridge Pins: White with dot
- Strap Buttons: 2 - bottom and side of heel